ManRo
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2021

Beware of Manufacturing Date

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Bose Soundsport Free

Country

USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
iPhone

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I just obtained the Bose Soundsport Free from a fundraiser. The unit was brand new in box, sealed and never used. The left ear bud does not come on. I called tech support and learned that because the Bose Soundsport Free was manufactured in Nov 2017 it’s out of warranty. A replacement unit was offered for $120. The unit was defective when built. So, review manufacturers date before purchase as you might have any product warranty, like I learned.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

left ear bud defective 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? As soon as I opened box..

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Called Bose Support for a replacement unit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Beware of Manufacturing Date

Author Accepted Answer selected by ManRo

It's only out of warranty if you have no proof of purchase (ie receipt).

Since it was a prize, maybe talk to the fundraiser to see if they have an order number/delivery number from when they purchased it (I'm sure there will be some sort of tax deduction for them so it's likely they still have some details).  You can then see if Bose can help with the extra details, or talk to the reseller that the fundraiser purchased it from.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by ManRo

It's only out of warranty if you have no proof of purchase (ie receipt).

Since it was a prize, maybe talk to the fundraiser to see if they have an order number/delivery number from when they purchased it (I'm sure there will be some sort of tax deduction for them so it's likely they still have some details).  You can then see if Bose can help with the extra details, or talk to the reseller that the fundraiser purchased it from.

View solution in original post

ManRo
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2021

Thanks for the comment. I checked with the church and due to COVID-19 no one seems to have records. The church reached out to the donor but response. The ear buds are brand new never registered with Bose. Bose tech support confirmed that they were defective from built and would not do a one time repair/replacement. Thus buyer beware of manufacturing date so this does not happen to you. Btw I also have 3 other BOSE products and they are awesome. This situation just sucks!

ManRo
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2021

Just to summarize beware of the manufacturer date on BOSE products because if they sit on a shelf somewhere, BOSE does not recognize the date of registration like in my case. The BOSE ear buds I won was brand new, sealed box but defective.  (Left ear bud does not come on). It would be an awesome ending to this situation if BOSE would make this right with a one time repair or replacement of a defective product that was confirmed by BOSE tech support.