threelies
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2021

Blue tooth transmitter

I am looking for a blue tooth transmitter that is compatible with the QC noise canceling earbuds that I can plug into the headphone jack in my airplane. It must allow me to receive radio transmissions while listening to music from an mp3 device or phone that is either received via bluetooth or cable. The music must be over-ridden by the radio transmissions either by amplitude or by cut out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Blue tooth transmitter

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

I'm assuming this is for piloting the aircraft, rather than as a passanger?

I haven't really heard of a transmitter that will do what you want, you may find one that plugs into the console for communication and receives BT for music.  But I'd be surprised if any BT transmitters receive the radio transmissions.

As it probably wouldn't be approved by the major flight authorities, I don't think Bose would recommend one.

You may be better off checking with pilot websites, as the recommendation here would be the proflight headsets.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Blue tooth transmitter

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

I'm assuming this is for piloting the aircraft, rather than as a passanger?

I haven't really heard of a transmitter that will do what you want, you may find one that plugs into the console for communication and receives BT for music.  But I'd be surprised if any BT transmitters receive the radio transmissions.

As it probably wouldn't be approved by the major flight authorities, I don't think Bose would recommend one.

You may be better off checking with pilot websites, as the recommendation here would be the proflight headsets.

View solution in original post