Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mixm
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

Bluetooth connectivity to soundsport wireless with vivoactive 4

Having Problems connecting soundsport wireless headphones to Vivoactive 4.

Recently upgraded software on vivoactive 4 to 4.70 since then can't pair the two devices together. It recognises the soundsport but that's all.

This what I have done so far.

Soundsport has the latest firmware update.

Have removed all other profiles on soundsport to limit connectivity issues. Still won't connect

Reset the soundsport and watch

Have contacted garmin and is working on casefile

Has anyone else experince this connectivity issues with their vivoactive 4 since upgrading watch software?

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Re: Bluetooth connectivity to soundsport wireless with vivoactive 4

Hello Mixm, 

Welcome to the forums. 

On the Garmin forums, there seem to be a few people having this issue too. Can I please confirm if your SoundSport will connect to another device ok? If not, could you please try the following steps and let me know how you get on?

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.

2. Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.

I would love to hear what Garmin's thoughts are also! And of course, if anyone else in the community has any tips we would love to hear them.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
maurog
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

I just purchased the Garmin Vivoactive 4 and am having the same issue connecting my Bose SoundSport Free earphones.  Have gone through the same process of clearing all connections to my Bose SoundSport but its still not working.  When attempting the bluetooth connection from the Vivoactive, the watch finds the Bose earphones but I get the "Pairing Failed" message. The Vivoactive is at firmware 5.70 and the Bose are at firmware 2.5.6.  Any thoughts on how to get these two devices to connect?

maurog
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

I found the solution for my issue!  I turned the Vivoactive 4 off for about 5 minutes.   Turned it back on and tried to connect the Bose SoundSport earphones.  it connected!  Now enjoying my music directly from my watch!