Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

Bose 700 Meltdown

On June 11, 2020 I bought my Bose 700 series through the official Bose store on Amazon.com.

I charged my 700's with supplied cable and a Apple 20-volt power supply. The same was done a few times with no issues.

Some points:

- Bose does not provide a power adapters compatibility list to consumers. (I searched for it at Bose website)

- Bose does not inform that kind of damage can occur with third-party power adapters.

- Bose does not provide a power adapter in box.

Finally, Bose announces 700's as a premium product. So considering the product's value such problem like that should not be admitted by Bose itself.

I am willing to receive a replacement. If that not possible I would like to get my money back.

Thank you
Sichard Alves2.jpeg3.jpeg5.jpeg4.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 Meltdown

Hi Silchard,

I'm very sorry to see what has happened to your NC700 headphones. I would recommend that you do not use or attempt to charge the headphones at all from this point forward. I would also strongly advise that you reach out to local support, as this is a health & safety concern and we want to get this resolved as soon as possible.

In regard to the points you have made:

- The power requirement for the NC700 headphones is 5 V DC, 1 A - UL rated power supply.

- We also always recommend using the provided cable, as we cannot account for third-party accessories with Bose products.

- There is a USB-C cable included in the box which is intended to be used with a computer or a compatible wall charger.

Let me know how you get on when you reach out to support.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!