Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Bose Connect App limiting volume on Bose Soundsport Headphones

Bose Connect Firmware: 3.0.4

iOS: 13.3.1 

Every time I try to put my headphones at max volume, the volume bar in the app automatically slides back to around 85% volume (see photo below). What is the fix for this? Thanks!

IMG_0364.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Bose Connect App limiting volume on Bose Soundsport Headphones

Author Accepted Answer selected by crutten

Hey @crutten,

As the issue persists regardless of the Bose Connect app being active, it may indeed be on the phone's end. iOS features a built-in "Volume Limit" feature. Open your phone's general settings, head to "Music", and then "Volume Limit". More info available HERE.

If this is already set to maximum, have you tested the headset with a different mobile phone or tablet? Additionally, have you tested using a different headset with the iPhone?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Mine does the same, except instead of 85 percent mine goes back down to about 5 percent rendering them useless. app update has been trying to load for about an hour now.... we will see what happens.

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thank you for posting, I'm sorry to hear you are both having trouble with the volume control on your headphones from the app!

Just to confirm with you both so I can assist as effectively as possible, which SoundSport headphones are you both using?

Have either of you tried any troubleshooting with your headphones already? If so let me know so I don't repeat any steps with you.

@tanker2, let us know how you get on with the update! If this is an update for the headphones themselves, it is often quicker to install it using the Device Updater on a computer. The USB connection can transmit the update info quicker than Bluetooth can.

I look forward to hearing from you both so we can get this resolved!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

I'm using the Soundsport wireless headphones (https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/earphones/soundsport-wireless.html?mc=25_PS_HP_PL_00_...)

It has firmware 3.0.4 installed. 

I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, checking my iPhone's volume, etc. After I press the volume up button on my headphones until I hear the "beep" indicating max volume, I can visibly see the volume bar at the bottom of the app slide itself from 100% down to 80% or so (as shown in my original post). 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @crutten,

Thanks for the clarification. Can you let me know what phone model and OS version you're also using? I'd also recommend a quick restart of your mobile phone - fully powering it down for 60 seconds, then re-booting back up. 

You note using an iPhone - if you force-close the Bose Connect app (information on how to do this HERE), and try to increase the volume above these levels, does the volume level operate correctly once again? The Bose Connect app is used primarily to deliver firmware updates - you can connect to the headset directly by simply using the Bluetooth settings of your iPhone with no need for the Bose Connect app. This isn't a long-term solution, I just want to make sure that you have all the information in efforts to enjoying your headset as intended! 🙂

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Sure, I am using an iPhone 11 with software version 13.3.1. 

I have tried closing/removing the app as well, but each time I increase the volume to max by pressing the volume button on my headphones, it still automatically drops the volume level back to 80%. There seems to be a disconnect between my headphones and my phone with what the max volume level is. If I increase the volume to 100% on my iPhone, that is about 80% of the headphones max volume. Maybe it is an iPhone issue then...

Highlighted
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by crutten

Hey @crutten,

As the issue persists regardless of the Bose Connect app being active, it may indeed be on the phone's end. iOS features a built-in "Volume Limit" feature. Open your phone's general settings, head to "Music", and then "Volume Limit". More info available HERE.

If this is already set to maximum, have you tested the headset with a different mobile phone or tablet? Additionally, have you tested using a different headset with the iPhone?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Andy, looks like that took care of it! I had no idea that was an option on my phone. Thank you so much!