Highlighted
bobinator
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Bose Connect won't detect my Sounds Port Free

I just purchased SoundSport Free earbuds. No matter what I try they do not get detected by the Bose Connect app. I am using Android version. I can detect and pair them with Android. I can unpair them. They literally say ready to connect through the earbuds sitting right next to the phone with the app and it says "Don't see your device?" and give 3 suggestions. Turn device off and on, make certain it is close enough and turn off app on any other device. I just got these so I don't have the app running anywhere else. They are right next to the device and I cycled the power. Any suggestions? When I had them paired they played awesome but I would like the other features the app provides.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
bobinator
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Re: Bose Connect won't detect my Sounds Port Free

I can't explain why it worked. I installed the IOS version of Bose Connect on my iPad and was able to connect to my earbuds with it. Once that was accomplished, I was able to connect to them on my Android phone. Weird but I am up and running.

Highlighted

Re: Bose Connect won't detect my Sounds Port Free

Hi Bobinator, 

thank you for your posts and welcome to the Community!

I'm so glad to hear that your issue has been resolved! 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.