TemperB
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2021

Bose Earbuds won't stop turning the volume down

So today I tried using my earbuds that I had for about 4 years now (I know this means they might stop working soon but they have been working 100% fine until I woke up and tried to use then this morning) from everything I have tried I think the problem is that it will not stop turning down the volume and after at 0 volume on whatever device it is pared to it continues to beep without stop (doesn't beep when not paired only after it connects) I have done every trouble shoot I could find on multiple different sites including this one (Update, reset with USB(charging),reset by holding the left button down, left it in the case for around 4-5 hours then tried when it didn't work I did the same thing but out of the case, I updated again to make sure it did, connect to multiple devices and it had the same reaction on all 3 of them) (I mainly did the basics then what I could find on beeping and then more specific volume but nothing worked) so I don't know what to do I tried all I could and I can't think of anything else to do. Can someone help me I hope that they are not just done for good any ideas would be appreciated. (ps did wait the recommended time for each thing like for resetting with usb)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marvin_B

Re: Bose Earbuds won't stop turning the volume down

Author Accepted Answer selected by TemperB

Hi TemperB!

Thank you for confirming that. 

Sorry that you are having the issue. Since you have done all the possible troubleshooting steps already, it seems that the volume control mechanism itself, is broken already.

I suggest that you send it in for service, using this LINK and contacting the support team in your respective country.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TemperB
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2021

Ok small update on something I found out. When I hold the volume (in a certain spot but just need to have volume so as long as sound is getting through) the beeping stops but it will still try to turn the volume down and once it hits 0 or the sound stops (like the video ends or is paused) the beeping then comes back and continues.

Tegan_M

Hey TemperB,

Thanks for taking a look into troubleshooting already, sorry that you are having some concerns with the volume controls of your product.

From your description, I am led to believe these are the SoundSport Free headphones, am I right?  Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
TemperB
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2021

Yes you are correct with the product and thank you for your swift response.

Marvin_B

Author Accepted Answer selected by TemperB

Hi TemperB!

Thank you for confirming that. 

Sorry that you are having the issue. Since you have done all the possible troubleshooting steps already, it seems that the volume control mechanism itself, is broken already.

I suggest that you send it in for service, using this LINK and contacting the support team in your respective country.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

TemperB
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2021

I just wanted to update you I didn't touch the earbuds since this incident (not to charge. check, or fix) and today I tried them and they were 100% fine (no clue of the solution but just wanted to give you a update).