Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Bose Free SoundSport Volume Increasing by Its Own

I am having troubleshoot while using Bose Free SoundSport. When I paused the music for a while then open Whatsapp to reply some chat or open Photos or else, the volume suddenly increasing to almost maximum level by its own.

Attached is the screen shot for this troubleshoot I have.

Left pic : normal volume level I use when listening to Apple Music

Mid pic : increasing volume level by its own to almost the maximum level when I open Whatsapp

Right pic : and automatically the volume increasing too on Apple Music

This is really annoying, as I have to adjust the volume back again and again and sometimes got shocked when forgot to adjust back and play the music again.

Fyi, I have using Bose Connect for IOS version 8.0.0 and get the firmware 2.6.0 version for each buds.

Please help me fix this.

Thanks,

YulianiIMG_0571.JPG

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Bose Free SoundSport Volume Increasing by Its Own

Hi Yuliani, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your SoundSport Free Wireless headphones. I would suggest performing a product reset on both your phone and on your headphones.

To reset your headphones: 

1. Place the earbuds into the charging case
  2. Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  4. Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

Should you still experience issues, please also check that your phone is running on the latest software. If you need any further assistance please reach out to your local Customer Support Centre who will be more than happy to assist you! 

I hope you have a wonderful day. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky_W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Hi Vicky,

I have try reset the headphones and my phone too as per your suggest. But nothing change. The volume still increasing by its own.

I have the firmware version 2.6.0 for the headphones

I have the version 8.0.0 for Bose Connect apps.

I think this errors start after I update my IOS to version 12.2 on last Monday. So I think it will be helpful if you could forward this matter to Bose's internal. As maybe the firmware is crashed with new IOS sofware.

Thanks anyway,

Yuliani

Hi Yuliani78, thanks for testing that and getting back to us. We are sorry to hear that method didn't help. Are you using a case on your iPhone? It could be possible that the buttons on your device are stuck and causing this issue. What happens when you press the buttons on the headset once the volume has increased, does it stay full or remain at the level you adjusted it too? Please check both the volume buttons on both device and iPhone to ensure that they aren't stuck. 

Kind Regards

Hector_B Community Support 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Hi Hector,

Thank you for your response.
Yes I am using a thin silicone case. And I guarantee that the case did not cause any pressure on my iphone button at all. The volume increasing by its own when I open another application such as Whatsapp, Email, Instagram etc while the music stopped. But when I play Apple music, and opening Whatsapp or else, the volume don’t have any issues at all.
Once the volume increasing by its own, it lower down when I pressed the buttons on the headset. But it keep increasing again when I stopped the music and open another application.
The sad is, no issue like this happen when I use another true wireless earphone.
So I guess, there is something crashing between the Bose firmware with the new IOS software.

Thanks,
Yuliani

Thanks for confirming that. Could you please try a different music streaming service and then open WhatsApp to see if the issue happens? Please also try resetting your notification settings in WhatsApp. This may help the issue. I will pass the issue onto our engineering team and update you as soon as I get any more information. If anyone else in the community has had this or a similar issue and has found a resolution please do let us know. 

Kind Regards 

Hector_B 

Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Dear Hector,

Sorry for the late response. I have been trying all solutions I can find and finally find a solutions for my problem. First time using Bose Free Sound Sport, the “Change with Button” button on Ringer and Alerts is “OFF”. Then i try to switch it to “ON”. But the volume keep raising itself PLUS the ringer is raising by itself too. So I think it is getting worse.
The last day I try to switch the Change with Button to “OFF” position, then I restarting my iPhone, then connect to my Bose Free SoundSport again, the volume and the ringer did not raise by itself anymore. So I think, it solved then. Hopefully the last problem did not show up anymore. Thank you by the way....

Hi Yuliani78, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! 

I am very happy to hear that you have resolved this issue. If this issue returns please do get in touch.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2019

My son is having similar problems with his Bose Free wireless buds. We have tried hardware reset, unpair/pair, updated firmware and Bose Connect app. Nothing helps. He has iPhone 8 with iOS 12.3.1 and buds firmware 2.6.0. I bought them in December as Xmas gift. Please help us fix this... we really liked the product until the volume started raising automatically to maximum. Now they are not usable at all.

Hi Bvanbata, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your son's SoundSport Free earphones. I'd be happy to assist you. 

I would recommend trying the earphones with a different device. Which music Source is it that you are using when you notice the increase in volume? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support