Highlighted
U2cooper
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Bose NC 700 - Unable to update to latest firmware.

BOSE earbuds firmware update is giving me fits!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Bose NC 700 - Unable to update to latest firmware.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello DTZ,

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to update the firmware for your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 on your Apple computer. As noted on the Apple support forums, have you ensured that your Security and Privacy settings have been changed to allow all third-party applications on your computer? This can be done by:

• System Preferences > Security & Privacy and check to Allow Apps Downloaded From: "Anywhere"

Additional information on changes that may be required by Apple on their support article HERE.

What exact issues are you experiencing with the Bose Music app on your iOS devices - at what point do you experience issues with pairing to the headphones?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest,

Andy B

5 REPLIES 5

Hello U2Cooper,

Thank you very much for your message today. I am so sorry to see that you are having issues with updating your Bose Noise Cancelling 700 Headphones. 

Are you currently attempting to update your headphones via the Bose Music app? If so I would recommend updating your headphones via the alternative method, this can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com.

Please get back to us, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

DTZ
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

I just bought the 700 NC headphones today, and am having the exact same problems. Tried to upload the Bose Updated .dmg file (I have Mac computer, iphone, ipad), and then tried to run it. Apple won't let me run it because the software is not known to Apple and therefore Apple cannot prove if it contains malicious software code. Please update this asap. My Bose Music App is not working as well, on either my iPhone 6s nor iPad Air 2.

Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello DTZ,

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to update the firmware for your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 on your Apple computer. As noted on the Apple support forums, have you ensured that your Security and Privacy settings have been changed to allow all third-party applications on your computer? This can be done by:

• System Preferences > Security & Privacy and check to Allow Apps Downloaded From: "Anywhere"

Additional information on changes that may be required by Apple on their support article HERE.

What exact issues are you experiencing with the Bose Music app on your iOS devices - at what point do you experience issues with pairing to the headphones?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest,

Andy B

Brent snellex
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

I have a pair of NC 700 which have 91.0.9 firmware which wont upgrade either via Bose music or the online app - what options do I have? 

Hello Brent Snellex,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W