Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 - Unable to update to latest firmware.

Same here.  Can’t see any option to upgrade the firmware to 1.4.   Little annoying as there are no visible docs or steps to upgrade... 

Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

I have same problem my one set of NC700 at 1.5.1 and other at 1.3.1 and unable to update set 2?

Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2018

Exactly the same issue over here...

In the Music Bose App as well as on the btu-site, it says "Your product is up-to-date" while it is still on Version 1.3.1...

How to proceed please?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Sorry to those who are unable to update past firmware 1.3.1. Please view this thread where I have provided an explanation. 

If you have any further questions, do continue discussion on the designated thread.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

I have the same issue.  Can't upgrade the firmware either by the app or USB cable

Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2020

When can we expect to see an update for us with the old firmware without eq? Bought the headphones today and want so badly a eq now. Can't understand that Bose hasn't implemented this before. 

Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2020

Bose 700 Firmware update not showing

Hi,

I own a Bose 700 headphones. Currently it is in 1.3.1 version firmware. However, when I connect with Bose updater it doesn’t show the updates and shows that your Bose is upto date. What is the issue here?

Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Firmware update not showing

@Clarance  The issue is that you have a firmware which works.

Bose released 1.4.1x which was not thoroughly tested and had a tremendous amount of bugs. Later they released 1.5.1 for those who had 1.4.1 to fix the headphones bricking.

Currently 1.3.1 is the latest working firmware and will not be able to update further as Bose has paused it until the issue gets fixed. So your only option right now is to wait.. How long you may ask? It's been more than 3 freaking months since the last bugs plagued update and we are still waiting for a fix.

I might as well finish my PhD, have kids and start a family by the time Bose released the fix or even acknowledges the issue publicly. I have lost all hopes on Bose fixing it and releasing a new update anytime soon..

Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

Re: Bose 700 Firmware update not showing

So I was recently just playing around with the Bose Music app and accidentally prompted the update for 1.4.1 which shortly after updated my device to 1.5.1.

If you really want the EQ, you can prompt the update through Google Assistant.

Of course, you first need the app and have your Bose device added in the Google Assistant app (GA).

In the settings for your Bose device in the GA app, it will tell you that an update is missing and by clicking it once, it will automatically send you to the Bose app to update.

Please note, after the update you won't be able to access the settings menu for your device in the GA app as it seems to be glitching in my case. I tried removing my device from the GA app and add it again, but the GA app seems to be unable find my Bose device.

Additionally, in the Bose app there was a menu (which now has been removed in 1.5.1) where you could add your preferred streaming service, e.g. Spotify and it would be "authorised". I have no clue what this means, but maybe one from the Bose Support team could answer this and why this menu was removed?

Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

. Re: Bose 700 Firmware update not showing

I have the same issue.

I need the update because the Bluetooth connection to my pc is horrible.

When I have more than one device connected, I also experience connectivity issues.

I have tried updating via Google assistant but ist no longer a working option.

I have tried using the app and the PC method with no success.

I now own a 400USD headset, and I have issues. I am not happy.

I sincerely hope that the Bose team will correct the software issue.