tbic
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2021

Bose Open Earbuds - Battery Life Query

First, I would like to apologize for posting under this thread, but when I hit the new topic icon, the system tells me access denied.

Anyway, I would like to know from Bose or any user about leaving the earbuds charged at 100%, but off the charger.  I have found that when I do this, the earbuds discharge.  I have at numerous times left the earbuds off the charger overnight, but 100% charged, only to find out in the morning they are at 90%.  I know Bose recommends leaving them on the charger when not in use, and if they do draw battery power when off, this is possibly why Bose did not make a built in battery in the care to charge them.

Could anyone verify this please?

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
tbic
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2021

Re: Bose Open Earbuds - Battery Life Query

I too would like a charging/carrying case.  I bought online an earbud carrying/battery case that had a USB connection inside and a charging port on the outside to charge the cases' battery. After plugging in the chargers usb cable to the inside port, I carefully wound the Bose charger cable inside, and manged to get the charger inside to fit ok with the earbuds on the charger.  So far it works ok, and things are snug inside.

Tegan_M

Hi tbic,

Thanks for your question.

By removing the headphones from the charging port, you are essentially turning the headphones back on. Lithium batteries have a built-in auto-off feature when a full charge is reached to prevent the battery from being overcharged. Even while still plugged in, the battery level will have to drop below a certain point to trigger the charging again. This is why we recommend you keep your Sport Open Earbuds on the charging port when not in use, then when you wish to use them once again you will be greeted with 100% battery 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
delano.royal@icloud.com
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

I'm having battery issues, when I charge the battery, they only charge to 90% and not 100%, please advise. I've reset these things like 3 times already.

Jessie_O

Hey there!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the Sports Open Earbuds. I'll be more than happy to help you! 

If you are experiencing an issue where you are unable to achieve a full charge, I would recommend that you update the firmware. I have included the LINK HERE with instructions on how to do this. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
delano.royal@icloud.com
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Hi, my open ear buds still do not charge beyond 90%, even after the firmware update, and none of your trouble shooting techniques work, I've tried them all, please advice, or do I just need to send these back for a refund?

Jessie_O

Hey there, 

Thank you for giving this a go, I'm sorry to hear that it was unsuccessful in reducing your issue. 

At this point, you have tried all the troubleshooting steps we would normally recommend for this issue. Therefore, I would recommend that you reach out to your local technical support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. We will be more than happy to help you in any way we can! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Midlo
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

I’ve had these for a few days. I’m having a hard time with charging. I’m used to Apple products that are straight forward. Put in charger and go. I’ve turned off these, placed on charger and find them drained the next morning. I HAD THEM TURNED OFF. The charging light needs to be seen and I have to play with the set to finally get it charging. 
if anyone can help me I’d appreciate it. Very, very frustrating for $200.

jiffersonz
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2021

This product kinda sucks- the double case idea is lame. I understand the desire to remove the battery charging case to offset battery life but they could of made a USB case that needs to be plugged in to charge and doesnt neccessarily have a battery. The hooks are also not very comfortable. I'm very glad I didnt pay full price for this, but jeez this product had a lot going for it, but a bunch of cheap shortcuts made it mehhhh,.