Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim101
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2019

Bose QC 30 headphones keep turning off

Hey

My QC30s have started turning themselves off after 5 secs. They turn on, tell me which device they are connected to, that I have 70% battery, then promptly turn off. I’ve trued charging them but doesn’t make a difference. They are less than a year old.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Bose QC 30 headphones keep turning off

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello Tim101,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the audio issues you've been having with your QC30 headphones, and can understand that this must be frustrating to try and work with! 

With that in mind, can I ask that you try the following troubleshooting steps to try and address this issue please?

1) Check on the Bose connect app that the product is not set to "Auto-Off" after short periods of time. This can be found within "Settings" for your product, then "Auto-Power-Down".

2) Whilst on the Bose connect app, can you also perform any updates if possible? If your headphones are on any less than firmware 2.7.6 then these are not up to date.

3) Can you check if these power off in this way regardless of which device is paired to them? Some devices/services (E.g. certain VoIP services) can sometimes not recognise the product and will automatically begin the auto-power cycle.

4) Perform a reset of the product by turning off the headset and waiting 30 seconds. Then, plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, and wait 5 seconds. Following this, unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute, then turn on the headset and try and play again.

If you have tried the above and are still having issues, please get back to us so we can assist further!

Warm Regards,

Liam_W - Community Support

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello Tim101,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the audio issues you've been having with your QC30 headphones, and can understand that this must be frustrating to try and work with! 

With that in mind, can I ask that you try the following troubleshooting steps to try and address this issue please?

1) Check on the Bose connect app that the product is not set to "Auto-Off" after short periods of time. This can be found within "Settings" for your product, then "Auto-Power-Down".

2) Whilst on the Bose connect app, can you also perform any updates if possible? If your headphones are on any less than firmware 2.7.6 then these are not up to date.

3) Can you check if these power off in this way regardless of which device is paired to them? Some devices/services (E.g. certain VoIP services) can sometimes not recognise the product and will automatically begin the auto-power cycle.

4) Perform a reset of the product by turning off the headset and waiting 30 seconds. Then, plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, and wait 5 seconds. Following this, unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute, then turn on the headset and try and play again.

If you have tried the above and are still having issues, please get back to us so we can assist further!

Warm Regards,

Liam_W - Community Support

View solution in original post

jerryfudd
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Hi,

Will have to give this a go also as my QC30's started doing this exact thing a couple of days ago.

I charged them up, turned them on and it reports 100% battery then they turn themselves off and are completely unresponsive until I charge them again.

Just did another long charge this. morning and had enough time to check the timeout which is 20mins before they are off again and refusing to turn on yet again.

Dan
frustrated55
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

I too have the QC30's and they started doing the same thing today completely out of the blue.  I loved my Bose, but at the price and for as long as I was able to use them, I will get something much less expensive!!  

I tried all the above options to get them to work again, and NOTHING!  They don't turn onn anymore.

Really frustrated with the lack of time I was able to use them, maybe that's how they stay in business.  They just lost my business!!!

Tim101
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2019

Hi Liam W

no this did not help. My headphones now are just completely dead. I plug them into to charge, the red light comes on for 10 secs, then goes off. They won't turn on or respond at all. I have had this product around a year and am completely disgusted with the quality. Also as you have no stores I can visit it is almost impossible to take this to anyone for them to actually look at them and do anything about it.

Any ideas on what to do with them other than throw them in the bin and never buy your products again would be gratefully received. Actually being able to talk to a human rather than this awful website would be nice,

regards, Tim.

Vicky_W

Hey Everyone, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am so very sorry that this has happened and this should certainly not be happening and is not what you can expect from Bose products. 

As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.

I hope that you get this issue resolved.   

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Callumari13
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Not sure if this is related, but some people are complaining about the same thing on Reddit. Why the hell do my Bose QC 30 II's turn off randomly? I can't do anything anymore! All I get from support is, 'try to reset it, make sure the problem isn't on your end' it's not goddammit! And then they recommend I buy another set at a discounted price. I need to have this fixed. I need it for work! Please roll out a fix for this.

gom ura
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2020

My Bose QC 30 kept  turning off despite a full charge and for awhile when I push the on button again it would restart but now it doesn't t start at all. When I try to charge it now, the light stays red for a minute then turns off. No light at all.  I re-downloaded the Bose app but since I still cant turn the headphones on, can't connect to it. Please advise.

saurav12
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

I have the same problem. There is no setting for auto off, but a standy timer is there. 

Issue:

i am on call and headset will automatically disconnect after standby timer time.

I have the software updated already.

Please help.

Vicky_W

@saurav12, the standby timer is the auto-off feature If you set this to never, you will stop this from happening. 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!