sgteelem1972
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Bose QC Earbud wind test Failure

Hi there - had the QC earbud for 2 days - windy in the UK today - noise cancellation on FULL  - all i can here is the wind  - i think its down to the design - can anyone else confirm please .. yes there is music but the Wind blocking noise cancellation - not great

5 REPLIES 5
sgteelem1972
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Re: Bose QC Earbud wind test Failure

anyone else getting this swirling sound when walking outside ?? ie the wind swirling around the earbuds ??

sgteelem1972
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Bose QC earbud will be retunred not fit for purrpose outdoors

wind noise is just horrendous and now i have people moaning regarding the echo outdoors too  - i have waitied so long for these premium earbuds - you let me down - Airpods pro im afraid to say have out done Bose here and i will stick with those - there just too comfy and i dont have issues outside ..

lembi5
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

Re: Bose QC Earbud wind test Failure

Same here. I was so excited about them, then went out, after 5 second, OMG, horrible.

I am going to return them. For 250quid, I cannot use the earphone outdoors.

User-AYQC
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2021

Bose QuietComfort Earbuds unable to filter out wind noise

Hello,

I wanted to raise an issue regarding the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds that has been raised before but in a different way. 

The Bose QuietComfort Earbuds are unable to filter out wind noise, because it is impossible to switch off noise cancellation and transparency modes - the microphone is perpetually switched on, picking up wind noise. On a windy day or when cycling, this makes it impossible to enjoy what you're listening to.

With the Bose QC 35ii, if you switch noise cancellation to 'low' or 'off', wind noise is eliminated. This is not possible with the QC earbuds, even when playing around with the noise cancellation setting.

Can this be fixed in a software update? I am even thinking of returning them for this reason.

Update: decided to return them.. these headphones are essentially not for outdoor use. It's no use having great sound and noise cancelling capabilities if the wind can completely overpower it.

Hobie001
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2021

Bose Sport ear buds too Sensitive

Bose Sport Ear buds

Firmware

1.2.7-12678+787c799

App 4.4.4

Android 11

Pixel 4xl

Mic is WAY TOO sensitive to high frequency sounds like crunching paper or wind. Essentially un-usable out doors for calls.

Is there a way to fix this?