Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

Bose QC Earbuds - Can't be discovered on PC

Hi,

I just got a my Bose QC earbuds. So far loving the sound quality and the noise cancellation. A bit frustrating that no multi-connect support yet, hopefully a future firmware fixes that. But currently my major issue is, I have the earbuds connected to my Phone currently. I am attempting to connect it to my work PC AFTER I have disconnected the earbuds from my Phone using the Bose Music App, closed the App and Turned off my device Bluetooth. I set the earbuds in pairing mode and the blue lights starts flashing. I search for my earbuds on my PC, but I can't discover them at all! I had my earbuds in and tried this, and it kept saying 'Can't Connect to OnePlus 7 Pro' which was my old device that I disconnected.

Any work around to this?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Bose QC Earbuds - Can't be discovered on PC

Hey @SilentStorm1, welcome to the Bose Community!

It's great to hear that you're enjoying the sound quality and noise cancellation of your new QuietComfort Earbuds. 

It's strange that you're unable to connect to your PC. Are you able to connect to any other device besides your OnePlus 7 Pro? 

When the earbuds are in your ears, if you hold the Bluetooth button, do you hear "Ready to connect" at all? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

Hi @Charlotte_G ,

I haven't tried to connect to my other devices yet. But when I have my OnePlus 7 Pro bluetooth turned off, and I try to go into pairing mode it says can't connect to one plus 7 pro. I don't hear "Ready to connect" at all.

I think I can't seem to get them into Pairing mode. I followed the instruction in the manual, but it keeps trying to connect to my phone.

Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

I'm facing the same issue with the new Bose Sport Earbuds. I can't connect it to my PC and I'm not sure if it has a multi connect option for Bluetooth devices, really disappointed.

@SilentStorm1 Thanks for letting me know! Let's reset the earbuds and then try the process again. Please follow these steps - Resetting your QuietComfort Earbuds.

Now your Bluetooth list will be clear so you'll need to reconnect to your OnePlus 7 Pro after.

Let me know how this goes.

@sanyak Thanks for joining the conversation! Sorry that you're experiencing this with your Sports Earbuds. Neither the Sports or QuietComfort Earbuds support multipoint connections. Please try the recommendations above. The process will be the same for your Sports Earbuds.

Let me know how you get on.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

@Charlotte_GEven after resetting the earbuds, I still can't get them to go into pairing mode. It still tries to connect to my phone.

Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

Same!!

Thanks for updating us on this! 

It's strange to hear that the reset didn't clear the pairing list for your earbuds. Can you please attempt to perform the reset again and connect to a device? 

If you are still unable to place the earbuds into pairing mode after the second reset please reach out to us via this link here, to explore service options for your headset.

Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

I think I might have found a work around to this, not sure if this will work you @sanyak. Try to reset the Bose QC while they are plugged in and charging. This worked for me, and I was able to connect it on my PC.

Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

I am having the same issue. I have no problems connecting my Bose QC earbuds to iphone and ipad. I cannot successfully connect to Windows 10 pc via bluetooth. I have tried disconnecting from other devices, clearing the paired list, running bluetooth troubleshooter on pc, updating bluetooth drivers on pc, toggling bluetooth on/off on device and computer, restarting computer and following Microsoft support suggestions. Is there anything else that I could try? Is Bose aware of this issue and are they working on a fix?