Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Faceless 428
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2021

Bose QC Earbuds Case is hard to open.

Hello,

I recently purchased the Bose QC Wireless Earbuds and they are great, however I am running into a bit of an annoyance with the charging case. I'm not sure if this is an issue with just the case I received, but it's a bit hard to open. I have to REALLY press on the button to open the case, to the point here I have to even use my nail to push it in further. The case has a spring which is supposed to push the lid open when you press the button, but I didn't realize this because I always have to use two hand to open the case. One to press the button and another to slightly pull the lid open.

Does anyone else have this issue or did I just get bad luck here?

7 REPLIES 7
Liam_G

Re: Bose QC Earbuds Case is hard to open.

Hello Faceless428 and welcome to the Community! 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your QC earbuds' charging case. I will be happy to help you.

The case should open with a very easy push of the button. Are there any signs of damage on the case? 
Has the case been dropped at any time? 

I look forward to hear from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Faceless 428
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2021

No drops, I just got it about a week ago and its been like that right out of the box.

Jeff_G

Thanks for confirming, Faceless. 

As the case cannot be replaced alone, the whole product must be replaced if there is a fault. 

Please reach out to local support in your region to discuss your options for exchange. 

Thanks

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
whiteshirtandtie
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2021

I recently purchased the identical earbuds. I have consistently been having the same problem. 

I am afraid that I will not be able to open the case at all one day or that the pressure that I have to use with both hands trying to force the case to open will eventually break the case to the point where it is unworkable.

BOSE....please help.

Jeff_G

Hello whiteshirtandtie,

Thanks for joining the discussion. Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem. As noted in my earlier post the case cannot be replaced alone, so should this be a consistent area of annoyance, I recommend contacting local support to seek a product exchange. 

Thanks!

richykam
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2021

I have purchased my earbuds a month back. Since day 1 i have this same issue. I have to push my nail all the way in for the case of earbuds to open. It shouldn't be the case. I am from Singapore. Can i just take it to the authorized dealer shop and get it replaced?

Jeff_G

Hi richykam, 

Thanks for joining the discussion.

This shouldn't be happening so yes, please contact local support in your region to seek an exchange of the entire product.