bit_troupe
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

Bose QC Earbuds - Ear Detection

Bose QC Earbuds - Ear Detection

After engaged in-ear, removing earbuds and placing on their sides (ear-cups facing surface, fins facing upward) triggers ear detection, and will resume audio stream.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose QC Earbuds - Ear Detection

Author Accepted Answer selected by bit_troupe

Hey @bit_troupe

I can understand why this may seem a little strange, but I can assure you it's nothing to worry about. The in-ear detection on the QuietComfort Earbuds uses an IR sensor, which if it's placed down on something like a hard surface, then the detection could be triggered which can initiate playback of audio. To stop this happening, ensure that you place the earbuds down with the sensor or umbrella side of the tip facing up. Alternatively, place the earbuds back into the charging case. A more permanent solution would be to disable in-ear detection through the Bose Music app, if you wish to do so, but this would limit some features.

Feel free to come back to me with any questions you may have.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ezstreet1997
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Spoiler

When the cup area that sits in your ear is covered, it thinks it's in your ear and resumes playing. It's not very smart technology apparently. 

Charlotte_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by bit_troupe

Hey @bit_troupe

I can understand why this may seem a little strange, but I can assure you it's nothing to worry about. The in-ear detection on the QuietComfort Earbuds uses an IR sensor, which if it's placed down on something like a hard surface, then the detection could be triggered which can initiate playback of audio. To stop this happening, ensure that you place the earbuds down with the sensor or umbrella side of the tip facing up. Alternatively, place the earbuds back into the charging case. A more permanent solution would be to disable in-ear detection through the Bose Music app, if you wish to do so, but this would limit some features.

Feel free to come back to me with any questions you may have.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

brianhelfrich
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Where specifically is the sensor located? I’m trying to troubleshoot if mine is defective.

Sam_F

Hey brianhelfrich,

Are you having difficulties with the autoplay, auto-answer call, or auto transparency feature? Which feature doesn't seem to be functioning correctly for you? In regard to troubleshooting, a standard product RESET will clear any underlying minor issues. Give that a try and let me know if it helps at all!