Vicky_W

Re: Bose QC Earbuds - Playback Control

@Shifo, thanks for posting. Volume control, it’s a feature that we’re exploring, but it’s still in research. We do not know at this time if it will be integrated. We encourage you to learn about all Bose products by subscribing to updates on Bose.com. However, check out page 30 of the manual for how to set up a shortcut to control skipping a track. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ian182
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

Unbelievable.

Returning mine tomorrow. What an epic failure.

Shifo
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

"researching" the volume and skip control feature! WOW! you seem to be decade behind. This feature is well established and included in all wireless headphones. If you didn't do your homework before launching the QC headphones, then good luck in your research.

Returning mine today.

Paulie70
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

I agree...volume, I don’t mind too much...though it should have, I think. I do think not having the option to skip backwards is a very huge deal! I am hoping you guys come up with a software fix that address this issue. It is a serious downer, and a very surprising miss. Additionally, due to Covid, I avoid handling my phone as much as possible, and volume/skip backwards missing....is extremely limiting.

ChrisinSanDiego
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

What I love:  Sound quality.  Noise Cancelling.

What I like:  Comfort okay given the "what I loves"\

What I hate:  

1)  Changing devices.  Way too cumbersome.  Way too many apps.  Way too many links needing to be established, cleared, and reestablished.  Just awful.  My cheap bluetooth earphones did this very easily

2) Volume controls are idiosynchratic.  Sounds simple, but in reality, it's never easy for me to change the volume, and on some devices (my Fitbit for instance), it is not even possible.

If volume can be controlled by the device (my laptop and my mobile phone), it's tolerable.

But if there is no volume control on my device (my fitbit), then the preset earbuds volume is enough to destroy my hearing for all time.

I'm about to give up and return, since this is just way too difficult.  I want to easily change between these three devices and to be able to control the volume easily and quickly.

That's just not the case at the moment (and yes, I already did the firmware update).

ChrisinSanDiego
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

The sound controls sound like they'd be easy.  But they're not. They're awkward and difficult.

Moreover, on a device such as my fitbit, where there is no volume control available, the earbuds are impossible to use because the default is way too loud.

Back to the drawing board on the sound control from the buds themselves.

Belmontguy
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2020

Unbelievable that a $280 pair of earbuds doesn't have a volume control. I didn't even think to check before buying-just like I don't check whether a smartphone has a brightness control. Useless with my FireTV, which doesn't have bluetooth volume control. And awkward with my phone. I don't want to reach into my pocket every time I want to change the volume. I work out with my phone on my table--not within reach when a song comes on that's too soft or loud. Just arrived two days ago, and they sound great and the noise control is awesome. Haven't decided whether to return them tomorrow or wait till near the end of the 30-day return period to see whether Bose pushes out a firmware update with volume control. Definitely going back at the end of the return period if no volume control by then. Guess I'll have to go with the Sonys or Airbuds then.

Discovery
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2020

I would be helpful if you would respond to core problem/complaint of not having volume of playback functionality on the earbud, instead of cut/paste a canned response that you know doesn't get to the issue.  Be respectful of your customers' concerns.

kevin8230_
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

Can you please also add a feature that you can skip tracks forward and backwards using swipe controls on the QC Earbuds similar to what you can do in the Bose NC 700? I would really hope to see this.

Jeshaw81
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2020

Ive asked for these for Christmas, but I cannot believe that there’s no ability to skip back for songs. This really is shocking for a premium set of earbuds. 

I love to reply songs a lot, so these might end up going back.