Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerariganello
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2021

Bose QC Earbuds Volume Control is Wrong

Bose QC Earbuds are amazing, period. And ever since the volume control on the right earbud was added it felt much nicer to use them. However...

The development of this feature is so wrong. Can anyone explain to me why...     controlling the volume from the right earbud - up or down - takes two steps against every little step that changes from the Bose Music app?

This means, the ratio for where I can change the volume from the earbud is 2:1 and I am unable to fine-tune the volume to my liking based on the enviroment; either is too low or to high, can't get in that middle sweet spot, when from the app I would be able to.

But what If I am training, lifting weights, running around, I cannot be with my phone and the app all the time; and I think the point to have this feature is just not having to use the app. But it's not the same thing.

Again, can anyone from Bose explain this in a more detailed way? And please do not say it's due to certain limitations that can't be changed or whatever.

5 REPLIES 5
Liam_G

Re: Bose QC Earbuds Volume Control is Wrong

Hello Gerariganello! Thanks for reaching out. 

I understand that it can be frustrating not getting the exact volume level you desire. However, I will happily raise this as a feature request for you. 

Another way you can control the volume without using your phone is using the voice assistant. I did some testing with the voice assistant and found that saying "Volume up/down" gave me a lot of fine control over the volume level

I hope this helps! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
gerariganello
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2021

Using the assistant may work, but I don't think it would when doing heavy lifting exercises without breath or running on the treadmill.

Also it is a slow method: within the time you keep pressed the right earbud, the asistant responds, you send the comand and it gets executed it's around 10 seconds in total.

Being able to fine tune the volume from the earbud itself would take less than a second.

Liam_G

I can understand that might be trickier to do whilst working out, but you will still have that alternate method there available to you. But I have raised a feature request for this to the development team in the meantime. 

If you have any further suggestions, you are more than welcome to drop us a message here!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
gerariganello
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2021

Sorry, I don't see that option working; could put more examples in words for this.

A more accurate volume control from the earbud would be the proper and only solution.

gerariganello
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2021

Also, have realized that using the Google Assistant would provide control over the Android media volume and not the Bose internal volume level, which is the one I want to alter, so your proposal is not even a temporary solution.

Sooooooo dissapointed with this.