Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

Bose QC Earbuds always waking up siri without toching anything

Hey..

I recently used the bose qc earbuds and it was really fun using them at first. Until about 4 days later this problem appeared.

when used, my Siri is always suddenly active. My earbuds are always reconnecting too.

While calling and using zoom, the phone suddenly disconnected.

this is very annoying. when this happens sometimes i want to throw my earbuds.

I have reset my earbuds but after a while they got better, the problem returned.

Please help me, now I'm starting to regret buying this item.

Bose product name : Bose Quitecomfort earbduds

Country Indonesia

Firmware Version 1.0.7-9846+620b71c

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

iphone 12 mini with IOS 14.3

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Siri is always active when in use. telephone and zoom meetings always cut off. Always reconnecting

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Any place

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

after 5 days of purchase

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Reset : 

plug in the charger. put the earbuds on case. and press the bluetooth button for 30 seconds. And reconnect to my divice

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bose QC Earbuds always waking up siri without toching anything

Hey @Ichal, welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry that you're experiencing some problems with your QuietComfort Earbuds. 

Regarding the issue with your voice assistant being activated, does this happen at random times, or does it seem like the touch control is constantly being held down?

It's great that you've reset the earbuds. Do you have another device that you could connect to, to see if this also happens?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

It's happen at random times.. sometimes when I have phone call and my call suddenly end. 

I've already unpair my bose earbuds with my ipad and only pair with my iphone, but the problem still happen..

Please help..

Seeing as both activating Siri and answering/declining phone calls are controlled by touching and holding the right earbuds touchpad, is anything touching the touchpad on the right ear when you are using the earbuds? It's possible that something could be triggering this control unexpectedly.

I'd definitely recommend wiping down the right earbud's touchpad with a soft, dry cloth or cotton swab to make sure there is nothing on the earbuds themselves that could be activating the touch controls.

Let me know how this goes!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

there's nothing touching my right earbud. my mask, eyeglass, nothing touch my right earbud. I've already try to wipe my right eardbud but nothings got better. the earbuds also always reconnecting..

No worries Ichal, thanks for checking that for us!

What I would recommend doing next is checking for and installing any available updates for the earbuds using our Device Updater on a computer. When you open the link in a web browser on a computer, the on-screen instructions will walk you through checking for and installing any available updates.

If the problem continues after the update, at this point, I would recommend reaching out to your local support team to discuss the service options for the earbuds. As you mentioned you are in Indonesia, you can reach your local team HERE.

I hope this helps.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

thank you for your support.. really appreciate it..