Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2020

Bose QC Earbuds - connectivity issue

Just received the QC earbuds today. Step up from my 2nd QC20 (lasts about 1 to 2 years). Sound quality and NC on par with QC20. Main reason of upgrade was the wireless bluetooth feature. However, performance is very disappointing when connected to Samsung Ultra - bluetooth drops off / disturbance every now and then...sometimes a few times in a single song. Paired with Surface, however sound will not come through the earbuds at all from Surface.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: Bose QC Earbuds - connectivity issue

Hey! 

Thank you for your post and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the connectivity of your new QC earbuds. I'll be more than happy to help! 

Have you updated to firmware? You can tell me the current version by using the technical information tab in the settings menu. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2020

Firmware is up to date 10.7-9846+620671

The box says, "Made for iPhone | iPad |iPod"

Do you have a variant made for Android which could work better with Samsung S20 Ultra?

Did you ever test with Surface, before releasing or do I just accept that it's incompatible? The main reason I got this is to have work video calls thru 8×8 app in Surface, but the buds don't work at all. 

Could you please let me know if this is only a setting issue that I need to change or it's just poor quality and untested release so that I can return it?

Thanks for your help and understanding 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

Bose QC Earbuds - Connectivity / Drop-Out Issue

Having intermittent issue with both earbuds cutting out/losing connectivity.  And, more specifically, the left buds appears to lag the right in connection when an audio stream is sent.  This is most apparent when my cellphone (iPhone 11 Pro / IOS 14) sends an alert.  I've tried resetting the earphones twice, and the issue remains intermittent (regardless of location, ambient interference, etc).  Just something to be aware of for the next firmware/application update.

Highlighted

Hello RahulGuha, 

As the headphones are Bluetooth, they will pair with any product that supports Bluetooth audio streaming via A2DP. There have been instances in the past where customers have had issues with other products and the Surface, so I would recommend checking the Surface's specification to see what type of Bluetooth formats it supports. 

The QC Earbuds are compatible with Android devices. Android compatibility is generally denoted on products by the presence of a little robot character. On the back of the QuietComfort Earbuds packaging, it says "Works with Android" and includes the aforementioned robot.

Thanks.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted

Hey @bit_troupe, thanks for posting!

I hope you are enjoying your new QuietComfort Earbuds so far. 😁 

I'd love to look into the connectivity issue with you to see if we can get this resolved. Could you please confirm that you have the latest firmware version for the earbuds? This should be v1.0.7. If you are not, please could you update this through the Bose Music app!

Also, have you tried connecting them to any other devices? If so, does the issue still occur?

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

Hi @Charlotte_G , thanks for getting back to me.  Per your questions...

- Earbuds are updated to latest firmware v1.0.7

- Can connect to my Apple products (iPhone, laptop), but cannot connect to my Samsung TV.  Would definitely like to see the application set up to be a persistent connection given all the controls are inside it - having to disconnect from my phone to connect to another device is functionally limiting.

- Still experiencing drop-out, connectivity glitches, issues with left bud slow sync-up, and errant volume adjustment (see other community user's post).

Let me know if you'd like any additional info.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2020

Hi,

As you know, the QC20 comes in two variations: for Apple and for Android.  The box that I have for QC Earbuds says it's "Made for iPhone etc."  (just ignore that it also states it works with android). My question: do you have a variations (similar to QC20) that states it's "Made for Android"?

If yes, I will swap with that version and check if Bluetooth performance is at acceptable level. If not, I will return the product.

From your comments, it appears that you are already aware of problems with Surface and other Android connectivity issue and have released the QC earbud without any testing or with significant defects in performance. It's simply unusable both with my Samsung S20 Ultra (very frequent connection drop out) and latest Surface (doesn't work with calling app 8x8). Most of the feedback in this forum is relating to unstable Bluetooth performance for this product.

Thank you 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

Not sure if this helps at all, but I was never able to get my SoundSport Frees working with my Surface (though my NC 700s seem to be fine).  It has something to do with how the Surface interacts with "headphones" (for hearing only) vs a "headset" (for hearing and speaking).  Back when I tried to troubleshoot it with my SSFs, I decided it seemed like more of a Surface problem than a Bose problem, but I was also limited in how I could try to fix it as my Surface is a work-issued device and I don't have admin access to it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2020

Thank you, much appreciated. My QC20 works fine, but issues are only with Bluetooth. Do you have constant drop out issues (for a second or three mostly) with the buds when connected to your mobile as well?