Yoran
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Re: Bose QC Earbuds switching devices

Hi,

I just received my new QC Earbuds, however I cannot easily switch devices without manually turning off bluetooth. So I cannot swap from Work phone to private phone and laptop, without having to manually disconnect one device and manually connect the other. This is easy swapping between devices is possible on the soundsport headphones?

I can only imagine that this will be fixed in a firmware update, can you confirm this please and tell me when this will be availaible?

Kind regards,

Yoran

Ian182
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

Re: Bose QC earbuds switching devices

Good luck getting any info on this. I'm sending mine back because of this. 

justcrusin
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Wow!  This is a dealbreaker.  In order to move from device to device (in my case exercise equipment) I have to input with the old device which means booting it up in order to reconnect to another piece of exercise equipment.  Agree with everyone else on this thread that it was a simple button push on my soundsports.

Even my iPods can easily be switched device to device by simply initiating the connection on a new device.

Please tell me this will be fixed, because the sound and noise canceling is spectacular.

gavnnn
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2020

@Charlotte_G You wrote: "The Bose Music app also allows you to disconnect and then connect on another device" and you marked the issue as "Solved".

@Jessie_O You also wrote: "To switch devices, you will need to use the Bose Music app"

Could either of you please make a video tutorial demonstrating this function on the app?

Maybe I'm just technologically inept but I don't know how to do it on my iPhone. On the Bose Music app I tap into my QC Earbuds > Source. The earbuds are connected to my phone and I see my other devices on my Bluetooth list, but the other devices are grayed out because there is a message that reads: "Please disconnect from one of your connected devices in order to connect to a different device." If I disconnect my phone then the app automatically exits back to the main menu and I am unable to control the earbuds.

bjbarouch
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2020

I am sorry, but this is such a completely inadequate answer. For one, Bose already handles this gracefully in the SoundSport and other models, so it's not like it can't be done or you don't know how. On the SoundSport, you just press a button on the right earpiece to go from one source to the next. That's how it should be. The "solution" given here is ridiculous. The device you are currently listening to may have many other bluetooth connections in place, and you shouldn't have to break all of those connections because you want to use your headphones on a different device. Further, even if this made sense, how is it good usability to turn bluetooth off on device one, make a connection on device two (in multiple steps), and then have to turn bluetooth back on for divide one, instead of just pressing a button on the earpiece?

Really? What were you guys thinking? You should be embarrassed. More to the point, you should fix this with a firmware update yesterday.

To make things worse, some devices have torturous reconnection patterns. Let's say I want to use my noise canceling earbuds to get rid of treadmill noise while I watch TV while I run, and not bug anyone else with a loud TV. Here is a typical scenario for a TV to which bluetooth headphones have already been paired: Go to settings. Go to advanced settings. Go to bluetooth. Go to the list of already paired devices. Go to these particular earphones. Select "Connect". Hit some button several times to back out of all these deep layers of nesting to get to where you can begin to actually watch TV. And that's in addition to disconnecting the earphones from the previous device. I have to do all of that each time I go for a run on the treadmill because you didn't provide the one button press on the ear piece that you implemented on the SoundSport.

This is such a gigantic leap backward, it boggles the mind. In my case, the main use I have for these new headphones is so burdensome I am not using them for that. I am so disappointed and annoyed.

Please fix this in a firmware update. Soon! Make it a triple tap on the earpiece, or a long touch, or a swipe movement, or *something*.

arembr01
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

I am returning mine. Disappointed with the switching issue, disappointed you can't go backwards on music, and just.... wow, on not being able to change volume. That should have been an obvious no brainer. Seriously, how do you think adjusting the volume is something people would not be interested in?

James6478
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Hi. I am wondering if anyone knows if the Quietcomfort earbuds have the ability to switch bluetooth devices with the press of a button. For example, my Bose Soundsport Wireless have the option to double press the power button to make it switch to another bluetooth device (the device must have already been connected before to do so). I am wondering if the Quietcomfort earbuds have a similar button or sequence that does this. Thanks

therobj
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

i wonder what the chances are that Bose will, or are able to, change this in a firmware update? do they have a history of responding to customer feedback with firmware fixes that have been requested by unhappy customers?

alfredoimacme.com@me.com
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

I hope that Bose switches the ability to switch between linked devices.  It was perfect on the bose sound sport free, and now it's less than perfect.  Hearing how much battery power is not as important as switching between devices from the earbuds.  Also, the fact that the earbuds do not articulate who is calling on call-waiting is disturbing.  If my phone is charging and I'm in another area of my residence, I have to view my phone to see who is on call waiting.  Last, but not least...while using talk, how is it that I can hear the person I'm conversing with, but they can not listen to me?  Essentially it's the same as the bose sound sport free, right?

SethL
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

This does not work if you have an MP3 players which isn't a smartphone. I paired with my MP3 player and that shows up on the list in Bose Music, but of course, as soon as I disconnect from my phone, Music sends me back to the opening screen and I cannot select the other device.