Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2020

Bose Music app won't switch sources

There was a solution provided in another thread to use the Bose Music app to switch between sources for Quiet Comfort Earbuds. Either I didn't understand something or there is a bug. When I connect to my Earbuds, I see the active source and the other source I have set up so far.

My understanding was I could use the app to switch (poor workaround to a widely solved problem, but at least it is something).

However, the app won't let me do that. I can disconnect just great. But then the product disappears before I can switch to the other source.

Bose product name

Quiet Comfort Earbuds

Country

US

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

iPhone X on iOS14, Macbook Pro on MacOS 10.15.7

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

See above

Where do you run into the issue?

On the Music App

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Has not worked correctly for me yet.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Tried solutions provided in other threads

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

Re: Bose QC Earbuds switching devices

I am also disappointed such a bad engineering for a premium device. I got it today and depending on a app to do everything turned me off. I will probably return the headphones. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

App also has issues. Showing ready to connect and hangs out without doing anything. Occasionally connection is lost. This is day one for me and not impressed at all. Sound quality and noise cancellation is very good. Some equipment sound control is not intuitive and takes time to figure out. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

I'm going to offer my contribution here (based on my experience so far).

First of all I agree with everyone else here that QC earbud was a "downgrade" compared to previous SoundSport Free in terms of switching devices. With SSF we could do in seconds just with a press of a physical buton. 

WIth QC earbuds is not as easy, as we have to use either the bluetooth button in the case or Bose Music App.

In my case (fortunately) the Bose Music App is working well and it's not such a big deal. I have my laptop (DELL XPS 13 with Killer network - Intel AX200 chipset). What I have to do (in order to switch devices) is:

- If I'm using my Android Phone with QC: I go to the Music App and click disconnect. At the same time I go to my laptop (click Windows + K and click on QC Earbud). It immediatelly connects. (if I don't do this, the QC connects back to the Android phone).

- If I'm using my laptop with QC: I go to the Music App and I see it's connected to my laptop there. I click disconnect. And then it connects back to the Android phone.

Again, it's much worse than previously (SSF), but at least it's working for me. I hope Bose can offer an easier / faster way to switch that can work for everybody in a firmware update.

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

We appreciate the discussion here and thanks to everyone who posted!

With the QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds you can store up to 7 previously paired Bluetooth devices on the earbuds, but they can only be used in single-point mode.

We understand many of you are currently paired to several source devices and would like to see improvements in the method used to switch between these devices. We hear you and we have started exploratory work to understand how we can improve this experience for you. 

We will continue to update this post with additional information. Thank you again for your feedback! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

Hope you will come up with a solution fast as this is so annoying and some people that I know who wanted to buy the new earbuds decided to buy other excellent earbuds since they see no reason to pay such a premium price if this feature isn't available as it was a huge advantage. Please fix this asap.

Really wanted to enjoy my earbuds but this is a huge disadvantage.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

Same here. Also, Apple Airpod Pro can automatic detect the connected Apple products when it's active. For instance, I am connecting to an iPad for watching a movie, and the connection will switch to my iPhone when I pick up the call. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

You don't need to explore anything.  All you need to do is make the button in the case function exactly the same as the button on the left earbud in the SoundSport Free.  That was a perfect, elegant solution; just replicate it.

Ideally, there would also be similar functionality directly from the earbuds themselves, but I think putting it in the button in the case would solve 95% of this issue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2020

Can you please give a timeline on when this problem will be solved? It's my first day using my earbuds and switching smoothly between devices is critical. I had a much better and smoother experience with a 5 year old wireless headphone I had before so this is really a disappointment.

If this problem can't be solved on the short term then I'll have to return these earbuds unfortunately.