Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2019

Re: Bose QC Earbuds switching devices

I just bought mine... and figured this out today. During my work I have to cycle back and forth between my phone and my laptop.

It's just such a pain that I sadly have to return my QC earbuds and stick with my inferior Apple Airpod Pros.  Ughhhh... 

I thought I had the PERFECT solution... but sadly it's flawed.  😞

Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

Got mine yesterday. I was happy with my bq35 until the mic stopped working. There are some things with the earbuds qc which could be better but not being able to cycle through my devices like before with the old bq35 is really bad. Do something Bose! 

Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2020

Same issue. Literally running around my house turning bluetooth off on devices so I can just listen to music or a video clip on my phone. Just packaged my headphones back up for return. So sad. I have been with Bose for many many products. This was a bad design move and now I am going to Sony. Really unfortunate.

Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

I agree, what is even the point of the "Source" button in the app other then to view devices the earbuds are paired to?

Come on Bose, you came in to the TWS segment late and I need to disable bluetooth on all my devices that are "above" in the device list / device hierarchy to get it to connect to the device I want?

Great, wonderful that nobody said *We really need such a feature" even though you have a specific "Source"-button in the app which is useless.

Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2020

Hello,

What's the most efficient way to connect to multiple devices? For instance, I use a Lenovo Thinkpad work and also have an iphone. Through the day I want my earbuds to remain connected to my laptop so that I can take attend meetings. I also want to be able to receive or make calls on my iphone through the earbuds as the need arises - WITHOUT having to disconnect the earbuds on my laptop and reconnect on my phone. I this possible on the BOSE QC earbuds?

Is this possible on any other BOSE headphone/earbud? 

Thank you.

Bose product name: QC earbuds; Country: United States

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Iphone 11 on IOS 14.2, Lenovo Thinkpad - MS Windows 10 pro

Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

Re: QC earbuds - connect multiple devices

In my soundsport free using experience, connect to other device through the botton on the earbuds.

It's more convenience than APP software.

please consider to develop similar feature on the earbuds?

Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

I feel so frustrated that we have to ask for some normal features into a premium product. If the majority of the producers have implemented these features, Bose, why you don't want to do it?  Your attitude is not right. I am sorry I did not do a good research previously. Otherwise I would have gone to the competitors.

Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2020

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet; but I have come to the conclusion that currently there are four methods to disconnect a device . To be clear in order to connect or switch devices Bose chose to make you explicitly disconnect the previously connected device.

4 methods:

- Bose music app on the phone select disconnect 

- Operating system on whatever device select disconnect

- disable Bluetooth in whatever previously connected device (not ideal )

- lastly the easiest push and hold the Bluetooth button (on charging case) for 2-3 seconds outs the headphones in disconnect / connecting mode. Don’t hold too long or your will erase the entire connected device list

While this is not nearly as easy to switch devices as compared to Apple Air Pod Pros the Bluetooth button on the case is a much more acceptable solution.

Now for the contentious part. I can see Bose’s reason for doing this from a software engineering stand point . If you have user explicitly disconnect devices then you do not have to poll the other devices . Thus, this saves on battery life . Anyway, if people want to have the connections to behave like the air pod pros that should be an option, but you should be forewarned upfront by the app that your battery life will suffer. My air pod pros battery life are terrible compared to the Bose.

To geek out a little more the SoundSports used to have this behavior like the Air Pods; but they would annoying announce that every device that came within range of being connected. I feel they were attempting to get rid of this awful preexisting feature by adding the explicit connect and disconnect to bypass this and save of battery.

Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

Any update on this Wayne? Getting impatient here.

Lead Community Manager

@Ian182 Apologies, no update to provide yet. This is something we're still working on though and we'll post more details about when we have them.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!