Jessie_O

Re: Bose QC Earbuds switching devices

Hey Silversage, 

Thank you for your post! 

Great question! At the moment, we do not have any additional information regarding this. However, any new features for any of our products will be posted on the Community. 

Thanks! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ian182
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

Bose QC Earbuds switching devices

I see that the original customer feedback pinned thread has disappeard from this forum. 

In it we were told solutions were being looked in to, to implement the one-touch switching between devices that we had from the SoundSport Free. 

To date, nothing acceptable has been done, and it's all gone very quiet. Should I just give up looking out for any further updates and assume this essential feature will never be implemented?

retkris
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 30, 2021

I think Bose moderators ignore any negative feedback or asks for update...

They reply only to nice comments or simple questions.

I'm starting to believe nothing will happen. 

Sad truth.

Jlpaz80
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Is this really the solution you give to this issue? Turn off the Bluetooth on the connected device? I really hope that now being April 2021 Bose has provided a proper solution to his, not a workaround where you would need to disconnect all of your devices from your phone.

If this is not the case, I will definitely return the QC Earbuds and buy another set of AirPods Pro, mucho smaller, much lighter, sound is almost as good, ANC almost as good, bat life is way better.

Bozda
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 3, 2021

I have returned mine just because of that. There are more bluetooth devices I am using and turning off the BT on the device destroys the whole ecosystem I'm having. 

Maybe next time BOSE!

Liam_G

Hello Bozda, @Jlpaz80, @retkris and @Ian182. I am glad to let you know that Bluetooth switching has been made easier with a recent update that was released in February. 

You can now switch devices through the Bose Music app via the Bluetooth source menu. You can check out more on this from the update thread here

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ian182
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

Yea, I’m well aware of that update. And it’s still nowhere near good enough for a premium product.

What if my phone isn’t nearby? What if I’m connected to my laptop and my phone rings?

It’s simply astonishing that the solution was present in your iteration, and you’ve not included in the new product. It’s a fundamental feature and I can’t buy these until one touch switching is implemented.

whoever decided to remove the feature should hang their heads in shame. 

retkris
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 30, 2021

Hi Liam_G,

The solution introduced in February update is absolutely rubbish.

Yes indeed I can switch to other device using music app but… ONLY WHEN QC EARBUDS ARE CONNECTED TO THE DEVICE WITH MUSIC APP!

When my QC earbuds are connected to my laptop and I want to switch them to my work phone I cannot do that with music app. Soooo… not helpful at all.

I found a bit better option (which I have already mentioned): 

To switch to other device I press for 2 sec the button in the case which puts QC earbuds in the “ready to connect” mode then on the device I want to connect to I am selecting QC earbuds to connect.

this is a bit faster method but still far from proper solution which existed in true wireless sport earbuds. 

retkris
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 30, 2021

I have an idea…

While Bose works on the cycle through BT connections directly from the QC earbuds (this is a “must have” function)…

As a temporary solution Bose can use button inside the case.

At the moment 1 function exists already - pressing for 2 seconds put QC earbuds in “ready to connect” mode.

Why not add second function - pressing momentarily to cycle through BT connections.

Common Bose you can do better than that! I still believe… but less and less every day.

deepanker100
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

I agree on this. It is a complete bull crap from Bose. Have been patronising them for  too many years starting from SounTouch line and now QC earbuds. First they decided to abandon the SoundTouch to bring new smart home line and you know what with lesser functions than SoundTouch. Similar stuff they did with these earbuds. I have sports earbuds also. For Bose off late it is one step forward and two step backwards. I am not too sure who is making these engineering decisions in the company but if I were the management, I would have fired them at the first go. Slowly but surely I am coming out of Bose ecosystem and moving to other tech companies ecosystem which are much more forward looking than this company had been off late.