Mar 4, 2021

Re: Bose QC Earbuds switching devices

Hi which other brands would do you find offer this solution well. thanks

Bozda
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2021

I'm a huge fan of BOSE. I have it all over my house as well as in my office. Some would say I'm crazy about BOSE and its sound signature. Thought earbuds would be the next step and I would love them.

Well I HATE them every single time I need to switch the device. Sorry BOSE but you've lost me here 😞 

My money goes back to my pocket and earbuds goes back to you BOSE with a huge disappointment.

I would gladly pay double the price though...

Hockin
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2021

I've come just to register my dismay at how difficult it is to switch devices. My work phone rings, I answer, then start shouting "hang on, I've got to swap my headphones to this device", 30 seconds to a minute later I can begin my conversation. Embarrassing. The implementation on my QuietComfort 35s was much better. Please fix this!

dwt
Participant
Registered since

Mar 14, 2021

i would like to add, that my QC 30 sadly died after many years. I would have liked to get these earbuds, but the fact that switching between devices is such a hassle is sadly a total dealbreaker for me.

Dave Anton
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2021

Very much a huge disappointment that I can not connect to two devices at the same time. I can on my Air Pods. I may return these for that reason. Also, having trouble keeping devices paired. They will not stay paired. 

retkris
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2021

The process provided by Bose ("accepted solution" - ???) is not very user friendly. Turning on/off bluetooth is quite fiddly but you can kind of do it - if you want to make a call (before making call).

Has anyone from Bose tried to switching device by turning on/off bluetooth when your phone is ringing??? This is impossible to do so I'm not sure why this has been marked as "accepted solution".

Is Bose working on update to bring this function back? Clearly the bluetooth connection cycle option has already been working greatly on previous model (non noise cancelling) so why Bose removed it???? This make no sense as it was really useful option. As well as "find my buds" - why this has been removed if it worked previously and been found very useful by many users?

Should we expect any updates soon? Or Bose don't listen to users of their (expensive) premium products...

Troels
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Hi 

Now, I still miss the feature where I Can chance connected Bluetooth device.

Sport earbuds, created for simple use, imagine this:
You g’et Home from work, tired. But dragging yourself out for a run, you start your running watch, play list, but 200 meters Down the Road, you dont have any Music, bevares you need to og Home - open your iPad, and some app, disconnect from the iPad, and Connect to the watch. What a downer....

please fix the issue so we Can Connect to different devices, and change device, directly from the sport earbuds. 

or let u’s know you Wont fix this 😞

gsweers
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2021

I have been using this device for several weeks now and bar none one of the most comfortable and overall sound quality I have used.  

The inability to switch between my phone and PC without connecting / disconnecting is a deal breaker.  I am returning them as this is absolutely essential to just working in general.  A teams call on laptop, and then  call comes in on phone.  Just not feasible.  

If there is a firmware upgrade coming that will fix this please let me know and I will go purchase them again!

retkris
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2021

Ok. I have been using my QC Earbuds for some time now and found a little bit faster method to switch between devices. I use them paired mainly with 4 devices and it's a nightmare to switch device - especially when you have incoming call, Teams, etc.

While impatiently waiting for BOSE to bring the switch function back - THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST !!!...

So... try this:

1. As soon as you take 1 or 2 earbuds from the case, press and hold for 2 seconds the button inside the case (this also works when you have your earbuds already in ears connected to different device)

2. Your QC Earbuds, instead of connecting to last used device, go to "ready to connect" mode.

3. On the device you want to use, go to Bluetooth settings, select QC Earbuds and press connect.

It's not ideal and still slow but at least you don't need to turn off bluetooth on any devices you use.

The method proposed by BOSE to use Music App is absolutely rubbish - very confusing and works only if your QC Earbuds are NOT connected to the device which hosts the Music App.

Common BOSE you can do better than that! We are impatiently waiting 😉

SilverSage
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2021

Thanks for the solution. I was able to pair my QCs with my work laptop's bluetooth, so now taking video calls at home is a little easier and quieter. Do you know of any plans to allow the QCs to pair with more than one device at a time?