sharmahemanta
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Re: Bose QC Earbuds switching devices

Super disappointing. Hope you will correct this issue in the upgraded asap. Until then, returning my earbuds.

therobj
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

i just ordered mine today but am reallly shocked at this. disconnect from the phone then connect on your laptop? it is so easy to swap devices on my soundsport wireless buds. just speechless. the volume issue is pretty annoying also. 

bit_troupe
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

In agreement that being able to switch devices needs to be integrated into the feature set of the next earphones firmware and application update.

Additionally, I'm currently having issues pairing with a handful of devices, most notably my Samsung TV, which pairs with my other BOSE devices.

KeyKey
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

I would like to begin a discussion about the bluetooth operations of the QC compared to the older Soundsport Free (SsF).  With the SsF, after connecting to several devices, it was great how with a touch of a button you can toggle to the device you want to connect to.  It would always try to connect to the first primary device in the memory list regardless of which device it connected to last.  If you wanted to connect to the 3rd device on the list for example, you made sure the bluetooth of that device is on, then toggle to the 3rd on the list on the SsF and the connection was made instantly.  This was far more superior than how the QC works.    

With the QC you constantly have to first disconnect the current connection, go to the other device like your laptop, not only does the bluetooth have to be on but you have to manually go to the bluetooth list and select your QC.  The process is not as smooth.  Not only that, after turning the QC off and you take them out again and it will try to connect to the last device, then you have to go through the whole process again.  

With an update I think it would be far more superior to have the QC always try to connect to the first on the memory list, which for most people is your mobile phone.  Then by selecting the bluetooth button on the case, it toggles to the second on the memory list, and so on.  

For those who owned the SsF, would love to know their thoughts about their bluetooth experience compared to the QC.  

AlexanderB
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

I can confirm this.

Connected the QC Earbuds to my mobile yesterday and to my laptop this morning. Now, I'm listening to music via my laptop and the mobile seems to be disconnected. The Bose Music app doesn't find the earbuds, but in the Bluetooth settings of my iPhone the earbuds are listed as "connected". However, I can't use the earbuds on my mobile. Somewhere I read you can connect two devices simultaneously (of course only using one device actively at a time), but apparently that's not possible at the moment.

therobj
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

I'm picking up my qc earbuds today but am a bit put off and feel let down that Bose seem to have taken a backward step in terms of ease of connectivity. i also expected the ANC to have improved but it sounds like it is about the same as my wired QC earbuds. 

ABM88
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

I completely agree.  I love the SoundSport Free's method of changing Bluetooth sources - it's probably the most elegant solution I've seen.  I just got the QuietComfort earbuds last night and was shocked to discover how awful the method is for this product.  I had assumed that the Bluetooth button in the case would act in the same way as the left earbud button on the SoundSport Free, but no such luck.

I frequently switch between my phone, my watch, two laptops, and a Peloton, and this is an extraordinarily frustrating, huge step backwards from older versions on this simple and essential function.  I've got 89 days left in my at-home trial, and if a firmware update doesn't fix this by then, these will absolutely be getting returned.  This is a dealbreaker for me, and embarrassing for Bose.

CommanderDean
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

This feature is very important to me.  I just received the Bose Sport Earbuds and I would give them 5/5 stars if I could switch between devices easily.  If this is not fixed very soon I will be returning them.  
Feeling disappointed.  Crossing my fingers this will be fixed asap because otherwise they are a great product.  Not having this feature is a deal breaker for me.  I should be able to go from watching something on my laptop to taking a call on my phone without the hassle of disconnecting and reconnecting manually on my devices.

User-9684
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

Anyone know how you switch connected devices without what having to get my phone out and mess about. 

E.g. Connected to my phone for calls etc then decide I want to go on a run and want to listen to music on my watch. With my Pervious Bose earbuds, press the button and circulate through Bluetooth connections.. can't seem to do this now?

ABM88
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

As far as I can tell, the only way to switch sources is to disconnect from the active source (using the active source's bluetooth menu) and then connect to the new source (using the new source's bluetooth menu), and even that is not working well.

It's an awful design and I can't believe how badly they did it.  If it's not fixed with a firmware update by the end of my 90 day return period, they're going back.