ABM88
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

Re: Bose QC Earbuds switching devices

Just chiming in to add my agreement.

Bose, this needs to be a top priority.  Frankly, it's embarrassing for you that you went from a pretty elegant solution on the SoundSport Frees for switching between sources, to an abject miserable failure of a solution on the QC earbuds.

We should be able to switch sources from the earbuds themselves, but if that can't be done, at the very least, you should make the Bluetooth button in the case function exactly the same way as the left earbud button on the SSFs.

Honestly, I just don't understand the obsession with touch interface.  Physical buttons have a lot of benefits.  The SoundSport Frees had a vastly superior interface to the QC earbuds, and it was entirely button-based.

KeyKey
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

Let's continue to make noise.  Perhaps they'll get the message.

Leodis
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

I find the physical buttons on the earlier buds too fiddly - other than the button to cycle through bluetooth sources, which I use(d) a lot.

Looking forward to a firmware update for this.

They are so comfy and have a good sound so can wait for the update...

Revantine
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

This was a problem with the Bose NC 700 headset, except that you could connect two devices (one with the QC EarBuds). Based on the occasional emails I still get from that forum post, it still isn't fixed on that device either.

I talked to Bose support because I wanted them to be able to count the number of people with the problem based on support tickets.

Mine are going back to Best Buy. I'm not pulling all of my devices (iPhone, iPad, MacBook regularly) out and turning off bluetooth, so I can eventually get connected to the device I'm using.

Ian182
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

If this is really the only way to switch between devices, it’s utterly astonishing

It was so easy on the sound sport buds. Left button, cycle through. How has that functionality been ditched completely??? 

It’s not as if you haven’t had enough time to develop this product - we’ve been waiting months and months and months. 

Add to that the fact you can’t change volume directly from the device, I have no option but to send these back. Mind boggling how these got cleared for release without these features.

Even a simple option on the app to configure the shortcuts. I don’t need to tap for siri. I don’t really need to tap for battery. I need to change volume and switch devices.

Absolute madness. 

User1234
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

Honestly what's the point of the app other than to adjust noise cancelling?  I have the new QC earbuds and find this process incredibly cumbersome.  I am frequently switching between my phone and laptop.  Sometimes my watch too.  

Bose, please tell us this issue will be resolved with a software update.

Keith_L

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and contributing to the discussion!

I'd like to thank everyone for your feedback on how you would like to see the Bluetooth switching process work on the Earbuds, I'll be sure to pass this along to our development team for you! I can't say for certain whether the method you've suggested would be able to be added to the Earbuds in the future, but I'll make sure the team are aware this is something you would like to see going forward,

@AlexanderB, you are correct that the Earbuds can connect to only one device at a time. They can store up to seven devices in the Earbud device list but only be connected to one at a time.

If you all have any further suggestions, let me know and I'll pass the feedback along as well!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ian182
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

Same problem for me. Massive step back. My QC earbuds are being returned and I'm going back to using my SSF.

Not only can I quickly and easily cycle between devices, I can also change the volume on the earbud itself. Another essential feature that I can't believe has been missed off these new QC.

If these 2 features are added via a firmware update in the future, I'll buy them again. But for now, it's back to the SSF. 

Incredible how a years-old model has better functionality than the new model. Massive own-goal by Bose.

Tmiddlebrook
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

There is little to no point in being able to store devices in the memory if you cannot easily switch between them. The way in which I must connect the earbuds to my laptop each time is incredibly laborious! Like other users, I have 89 days left of my satisfaction guarantee and will also be returning the earbuds if this is not solved. 

ashaw3
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

With the new QC earbuds, it's really a shame yall did not replicate the ability to select from a list of saved bluetooth connections: My phone and my work computer for instance.  This was a critical productivity feature that was available by single-clicking the bluetooth connection button on the soundsport frees.