Sankalp23992
Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Bose QC earbuds - Cannot connect or switch devices

Just got the QC earbuds and here a new issue apart from the volume rocker:

you cannot connect to multiple devices and switch! This feature was available in my soundsport free wireless. Why would bose degrade its products?? You cannot just play "touch feature" card every time!! 

Disappointed 

10 REPLIES 10
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose QC earbuds - Cannot connect or switch devices

Hey @Sankalp23992, thanks for posting! 

The QuietComfort Earbuds can remember up to 7 paired devices. As the signal path flows from your device > right earbud > to the left earbud, the left earbud uses the multipoint connection. The best way to switch devices is to turn off Bluetooth on your current device and then either connect a previously paired device by going to the Bluetooth list/Bose Music app on that device, or put the earbuds into pairing mode and connect a new device.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Earle Wallbank
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

Hi Bose,

could you please confirm this part:

"The best way to switch devices is to turn off Bluetooth on your current device and then..."

I don't know any other way to interpret this except as follows...

If I am connected to my iPhone, which is also connected to my other Bluetooth devices like my Apple Watch, you are saying that I should first forcibly disconnect all my other products from my phone (a consequence of turning off the Bluetooth on my phone), thus losing my connection to my watch (and disabling all watch functionality like call notifications) and preventing access to the earbuds settings from the Bose Music app on my phone, then trying to connect my second device (without any help from the Bose Music app if needed, because it can no longer communicate to the earbuds).

To put another way, for Apple users, in order to use the earbuds with another device, you must forego all apple device integrations and lose the ability to take calls on the earbuds or the watch.

Are we missing something? Maybe Bose could explain the correct workflow for such users.

It would be great to get official confirmation that Bose actually intended this behavior to be by design.

Charlotte_G

@Earle Wallbank I understand your concerns, but this isn't the only way, just the easiest recommendation. You can also manually disconnect the earbuds from your device through the Bluetooth list or via the Bose Music app. When you are doing this, please ensure that the LE- Bluetooth profile is also disconnected. If the LE- profile remains connected, this can cause problems when connecting to the other device.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
ILivingstone
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2020

Can such behaviour be changed in future updates? Easy switching between multiple devices was key feature for me in Bose Soundsport free wireless, unlike added google assistant/Siri control on QC’s right earbud which is rather annoying than helpful 

Sankalp23992
Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Hi Charlotte, 

After patiently waiting, my next question to your response is, will there be any firmware update related to this that let us switch devices (paired devices) with touch feature?

We have recently seen an update that now allow us to control volume rocker with touch. 

Sankalp23992
Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Quiet Comfort Earbuds switching paired devices issue

I'd like to bring your attention to a few features that is missing (from qc earbuds) and is on the previous soundsport free:

1. to switch between paired devices. This might require another firmware update but I really think it is actually the need of the hour and makes the quiet comfort utterly useless if one has to turn off their device's bluetooth everytime they want to switch between paired devices. 

2. three tap for next/ previous track. Again this feature is still on soundsport free but somehow is missing from $278 qc's! 

Bose product name : Quiet Comfort Earbuds

Vicky_W

@Sankalp23992, At this time, the only volume control will be enabled on the QC/Sport Earbuds. But I would be happy to record any feedback for additional features you would like to see. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

Andrewdanu
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2020

I agree that faster device switching is absolutely critical. 

Cd89068
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

Let me know when you’ve enabled multi-device connection like all other previous Bose QC and non-QC headphone products and I’ll gladly shell out $500+ for them. Until then they are utterly useless and 3 times bigger and not worth a penny over the AirPod Pro’s. What a massive failure to recognize the only edge Bose had over the competition (the multiple device simultaneous connect feature) and drop the ball. QC700’s will have to remain my staple with my walk about buds being the AirPod Pro’s. Shame! Shame! Shame!