Jun 7, 2021

Bose QC volume control on android

USA English

Bose Quit Comfort Earbuds

Bose Music App

Version 4.4.6

Samsung Galaxy S20 5G

OS version G981USQU2DUDA May 1. 2021

I just received my new Bose earbuds and I think there great, but I am having a problem with the right earbud volume swipe control.

It seems that when I try swiping all I get is a pop-up menu that says:

Complete action using:  Bixby Voice, Amazon Alexa, Google.

This happens whether I have the volume control turned on or off.

Just wondering if I am missing something on my phone that I need to change to make this work or is it just something with the Android devices that I have to live with.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose QC volume control on android

Author Accepted Answer selected by iraseiler

Hey @iraseiler, welcome to the Bose Community! 

It's awesome to hear that you're enjoying your new QuietComfort earbuds. It sounds as though you may be holding your touch to swipe a little too long which is then triggering the command for voice assistant. Don't worry, this is easily done and something that I experienced when first using the earbuds. Ensure that you are quickly swiping your finger, avoiding holding it down for any amount of time. 

We have a great video that talks through the touch controls. Take a look below:

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Charlotte_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by iraseiler

Hey @iraseiler, welcome to the Bose Community! 

It's awesome to hear that you're enjoying your new QuietComfort earbuds. It sounds as though you may be holding your touch to swipe a little too long which is then triggering the command for voice assistant. Don't worry, this is easily done and something that I experienced when first using the earbuds. Ensure that you are quickly swiping your finger, avoiding holding it down for any amount of time. 

We have a great video that talks through the touch controls. Take a look below:

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

iraseiler
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2021

Thanks for the reply. Just about the time I read your  reply I figured it out. That's exactly what I was doing. 😉