Bose QC30 and Bose QC35 disconnect/reconnect when paired with two devices

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Bose QC30 and Bose QC35 disconnect/reconnect when paired with two devices

Hello Support Team,

I am having a very frustrating issue with both of my Bose Bluetooth QC30 and QC35.

The issue as follows:

My Bose QC30 Bluetooth is connected to two simultaneous devices (Notebook Surface Book with Windows 10 / iPhone X latest IOS). The same scenario with QC35.

When I am playing video or making a voice call from my Notebook, my iPhone X keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting automatically every couple of minutes. The disconnection and reconnection are around 3 to 5 seconds. This really makes the Headphone useless.

I need to turn off Bluetooth on my iPhone in order to listen without interruption.

I cleared the list, Synced and rebooted the Headphone and the issue is still the same.   

P.S. I am using the latest firmware on both devices.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Charbel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vocal Volunteer

Re: Bose QC30 and Bose QC35 disconnect/reconnect when paired with two devices

9 REPLIES

Hello Charbel.mennom,

Thank you for joining the community! Sorry to hear about the difficulty you are having with your headphones. These headphones are designed to be actively connected to two devices at one time. Many times a connection drop can occur when there is any interference between the source device and the headset. Have you checked for sources of interference? Try to test this in a different location. 

Just for troubleshooting purposes, can you try resetting your headphones?

• Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  • Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  • Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  • Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Also, is it possible for you to test with another mobile device in place of your iPhone?

Let me know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thank you again, and take care.

Mohsin - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Thank you, Mohsin for your support,

I would like also to add that the issue is not only disconnecting from my iPhone, today my notebook was disconnected while my iPhone X was still connected.

This issue is really irritating. It is happening no matter where I am (at home, in the office, etc.) The issue also happened on iPhone 7. It's not related to iPhone because my notebook is also get disconnected for a couple of seconds while I was playing video. I want the headphones to be actively connected to two devices at one time without disconnection.

I followed the steps you mentioned below resetting the headphones and I will report back my findings if the issue still persists or is resolved.

Thank you,

-Charbel

Vocal Volunteer

You can also try to downgrade the computer. Reset: Hold the On button for 10s to clear the list and remove the pairing of your devices.
Thanks,
Marcel M.
Audible Advocate

Thank you Marcel,

Could you please elaborate more about the steps below?

I followed the steps described by Mohsin and the issue still persists.

I was having a Skype call on my Notebook using QC35, and then I heard a message that my iPhone is disconnected and then reconnected again.

During the disconnection, the other person on Skype call was not able to hear me until my iPhone connected back to the headphones.

I am facing the same issue on both QC35 and QC30.

Thanks,

-Charbel

Vocal Volunteer

Quiet Contributor

I have the same problem and it is really really annoying. The headset disconnects and connects automatically with my android phone. Did not expect this from a brand such as bose
EK
Quiet Contributor

Hi, all of a sudden my Bose headphones are shutting off/disconnecting the bluetooth on both my phone and laptop. Then it reconnects a few seconds later. This happens over and over, it shuts off about every 1 minute automatically. Lots of boop boop boop beep stuff, but it just keeps failing.

I did an upgrade, turned it off, charged it up to full. What is going wrong.

This makes the very expensive (and great) product completely unusable.

EK
Quiet Contributor

Solved, update the software here. I updated the software through the mobile app, but for some reason it didn't fix the issue. Downloading the laptop installer application is what will fix it.: https://btu.bose.com/?p=-1#section=connect

Hello Pvshankar! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear about your troubles, but would be glad to help! What phone are you using to connect (make/model/OS version)?

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support