The Bose QuietComfort 20 earbuds (QC 20s), made for Android, have an issue where the microphone and playback controls (play/pause, volume, and forward/backward) do not work with the Google Pixel 5.
The QC 20s are connected to the Pixel 5 via a USB-C to 3.5mm Adapter bought from the Google Play Store. The listening sound quality remains great with the adapter.
Google Pixel 5 Configuration
- Device version: Unlocked
- Android version: 11
- Turn active noise canceling on/off.
- Use a different USB-C adapter.
- Use a different pair of earbuds with a microphone: The Bose MIE2i earbuds' microphone works as expected.
- Restart Pixel 5.
- Soft Reboot Pixel 5.
- Run Pixel 5 in safe mode.
- Anyone having issues with the Bose headphones on Pixel 5 (especially Whatsapp)? - r/GooglePixel
- QC 20 / How to use built-in microphone of this headset in combination with Windows PC ? - Bose Forum