Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2020

Bose QuietComfort Earbuds DO NOT pair with Samsung UHD Smart TV (MU8000) - Please help!

Hello!

Background information:

I received my first pair of Bose Quiet Comfort Earbuds some days ago. However they only paired well with my cellphone, they did not pair neither with my Samsung Smart TV nor with my PC with Windows 10.

I called  Bose Support, and after some troubleshooting steps they recommend me to request a replacement. I did, and I received Today my second pair of Earbuds.

The current issue:

Now they pair quite well with my cellphone, computer and tablet. But they do not pair with my Samsung UHD Smart TV (MU8000). I double check, and my tv has the latest software installed, and it pairs well with 4 other Bluetooth devices I have. But with the Bose, the TV does find them, but when I select the option to pair, it seems that the TV tries to pair them, but the Bose continue saying "Ready to connect", and that never happens.

I have tried over and over again, and the message is always the same: "Connection Unsuccessful. Cannot connect to <name of my Earbuds>. Check and make sure that it's turned on. OK". And that's it.

I have tried the following procedures with pressing, on the Bose case, the Bluetooth button:

1) Some seconds until it says Ready to Connect.

2) A few more seconds until it says Bluetooth Off, and then again the same button until it says again Ready to Connect.

3) Pressing the button long enough until hear that the list of Bluetooth devices has been cleared, and then again Ready to Connect.

Nothing of that has worked. But, as I said, the TV connects quite well, and fast, to any other Bluetooth device I have.

Please help me!

Thank you beforehand.

Gustavo

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Bose QuietComfort Earbuds DO NOT pair with Samsung UHD Smart TV (MU8000) - Please help!

Hey @GUALHERO, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I really hope that you are enjoying your new QuietComfort Earbuds! I'd be happy to help with getting them connected to your TV. 

It's great that you have performed the reset procedure. Although you went through some troubleshooting for your first set, have you checked that you're running the updated firmware on your second set? The best way to do this is through the Bose Music app. The latest version is 1.0.7.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2020

Re: Bose QuietComfort Earbuds DO NOT pair with Samsung UHD Smart TV (MU8000) - Please help!

Thank you Charlotte.

Yes. The fitst pair already came with the last version. And this new pair did not, but automatically installed it as soon as I took them out.

Highlighted

@GUALHERO, I understand you have already attempted some steps that are found in the article here. But I would suggest you have a read through to check. Be sure to complete the "reset" procedure which is linked in the article, too. If you're still unable to connect, then we may need to troubleshoot the TV a little. Have you tried power cycling the TV - disconnecting it from the mains power, then powering back up? Additionally, we want to be sure that the TV supports the headphone's supported Bluetooth pairing profiles - HSP, HFP, A2DP, BLE, PBAP, SPP. As the issue is isolated to the TV.

If any other users have the same model then your input would be welcome, we would love to hear from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2020

Hello Vicky. Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I followed all the steps on the article you mentioned, in fact one of the steps there helps to see that there is no problem at all with the TV. It is as follows:

The step on the article is: Determine if the issue occurs with another Bluetooth® device.

I did so. Five other other Bluetooth devices connect with no issues at all, including three headphones or earbuds.

I will mention to you the brands of those, in case it can help you to analyze further:

2 of them are the new Samsung Galaxy Buds Live.

1 is the older LG Tone PRO Bluetooth Stereo Headset.

The three pairs connect easily and immediately. 

On the other hand, don't you think that it may be related to other known issues between Bose and Samsung TV products?

Take a look for example to the following thread:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Cannot-pair-my-NC-700-with-Samsung-Series-8-2...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2020

My Samsung tv will detect my Bose QC earbuds but when I click on pair and connect it says cannot connect, check and make sure it’s turned on. Blue lights on earbuds are blinking but won’t connect. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2020

Hello! 

That's exactly the same behavior I see between my Samsung TV and Bose, and it is the same with the person of the thread I included the link in my previous message, and now you! 

There we have at least three identical cases. And the first two already confirmed that the TVs are updated and having no issues with other brands. Hopefully now Bose care enough, and their technical team can be able to release an update to solve the now known issue.

Could you indicate your TV model? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2020

Hi. My tv is a Samsung model UA32M5500AW. Tried all the resets mentioned as well but still no luck. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2020

I have the same issue. My Samsung TV detect the QC earbuds, bit does not connect. I can hear the message "Ready to connect"

Elan

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2020

Thank you. Yours is the third Samsung TV model. It seems that Bose has a problem connecting to Samsung TVs.