Mitzylavista
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2021

Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds Functionality

Hi there. I’m considering buying the Bose quiet comfort wireless headphones and have a few questions. 

1) Are you able to increase/lower volume from the buds themselves?

2) Are you able to change music from the buds ie: skip to next song?

3) Is there an equalizer function on the bose app for these buds?

4) Do you need both buds in your ear for them to be active? Sometimes I like taking one out if I’m in a store but still want to listen to music. 

Sorry for all the questions! I have not owned Bose headphones and they are pricey so I want to make an informed purchase! Thanks so much in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds Functionality

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mitzylavista

Hello Mitzylavista, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

It's exciting to hear that you are looking to purchase our new QC Earbuds, I would love to answer your questions for you. 

1. Instead of buttons, Bose Sport Earbuds feature a capacitive touch interface. That means the outer surface of each earbud works like a touchpad. On the right earbud, swipe up and down for volume control, double-tap to play or pause music and to answer calls. And on the left earbud, double-tap to engage a Shortcut function of your choice like checking your battery level (which you can set up in the Bose Music app).
  2. Whilst there is no custom EQ, our signature Volume-optimised Active EQ automatically boosts the lows and highs so that music, videos and voices always sound balanced at any listening level. 
  3. Yes you can use just one bud, just make sure that you use the right earbud. That’s because when you pair your earbuds to your phone, tablet or laptop, the Bluetooth connection occurs between the source device and the right earbud. The signal is then beamed over to the left earbud. So, if you were to take out the right earbud and place it on a table, that earbud would go to sleep in about 20 minutes and, when that happens, the left earbud would lose its Bluetooth connection. Similarly, if you were to place the right earbud in the charging case and close the lid, the left earbud would lose its connection immediately.

I hope this helps, do let me know if you have any other questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mitzylavista

Hello Mitzylavista, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

It's exciting to hear that you are looking to purchase our new QC Earbuds, I would love to answer your questions for you. 

1. Instead of buttons, Bose Sport Earbuds feature a capacitive touch interface. That means the outer surface of each earbud works like a touchpad. On the right earbud, swipe up and down for volume control, double-tap to play or pause music and to answer calls. And on the left earbud, double-tap to engage a Shortcut function of your choice like checking your battery level (which you can set up in the Bose Music app).
  2. Whilst there is no custom EQ, our signature Volume-optimised Active EQ automatically boosts the lows and highs so that music, videos and voices always sound balanced at any listening level. 
  3. Yes you can use just one bud, just make sure that you use the right earbud. That’s because when you pair your earbuds to your phone, tablet or laptop, the Bluetooth connection occurs between the source device and the right earbud. The signal is then beamed over to the left earbud. So, if you were to take out the right earbud and place it on a table, that earbud would go to sleep in about 20 minutes and, when that happens, the left earbud would lose its Bluetooth connection. Similarly, if you were to place the right earbud in the charging case and close the lid, the left earbud would lose its connection immediately.

I hope this helps, do let me know if you have any other questions. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Mitzylavista
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2021

Thank you so much!! You’ve totally answered all my questions. Really appreciate you taking the time. 

Vicky_W

@Mitzylavista, happy to help! Do let us know if any more questions come to mind as we are always here to help both before and after purchase!