Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Bose QuietComfort Earbuds and Phone Calls

How do the new earbuds work with phone calls?  Is it like the Soundsport free where only the right earbud has a mic and sound for a call?  Is it like AirPods where both buds work together/stereo or can be used separately for calls?  Some other implementation?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose QuietComfort Earbuds and Phone Calls

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out!

The QuietComfort earbuds will allow you to hear calls from the right and left earbud. Do note, the microphone is only placed on the right earbud. 

If you have any further questions do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Thanks for your response.  To clarify, if the right earbud needs to be recharged, the left cannot be used for calls by itself.  Is that correct?

I was truly hoping each could be used independently.  I regularly spend 8+ hours on calls and was hoping to be able to alternate.  I cannot do that on my SoundSport Free and it is a big problem.

Highlighted

No problem. Although you can hear the conversation through both earbuds, the right is required as this headphone contains the microphone for conversation. The right bud is also considered the master bud, therefore it is needed so that you can connect the left earbuds also. 

If you have further questions let us know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!