Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Bose QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds Multi Point support.

Hello,

Will either of the new Earbuds support multi point or multiple connections at the same time? Will the devices connect to both my laptop and phone at the same time and automatically switch when I receive a phone call? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds Multi Point support.

Author Accepted Answer selected by 00sai

Hello all, 

Thank you all for posting and contributing to this thread. 

I can confirm that you can store up to seven devices in the earbud device list. However you will only be able to stream audio from only one device at a time, this means that there isn't any multi-point support for either set of headphones. 

I have made note of everyone's feedback on this thread and will be passing this on for you all. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Hi @00sai, thanks for posting!

With both the Bose Sports Earbuds and the Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds, you can store up to seven devices in the earbud device list. You can connect and play audio from only one device at a time.

Please do get back to us if you have any additional questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Hello,

I think the most important part(s) of my question is not answered. Let me rephrase it

1. Does either of them have Multi Point feature? Bose has this in other products.

2. If I am watching a movie on my laptop and I receive a call, will the earphones automatically connect to the phone? 

Please answer them individually if possible.   

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

This would be a huge whiff if Bose did not integrate this feature at launch.  Not sure if this can be achieved through a software update.

My Soundsport's have this and its great.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

I think the question was that, the SoundSport has the Multi-Point Bluetooth technology, which allows it to connect to multiple devices at the same time, and just by pausing playback you can easily switch between devices. I attached the FAQ from your SoundSport page, it states and describes the capabilities of this feature.

AlexanderWong_0-1599922889426.png

So now whether this earbuds has it, or if it doesn't, will a simple software update allow such a feature? This will be a deciding factor for most buyers.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

No they will not have multipoint. Because of this I will sadly be canceling my order.  In this day and age that's an inexcusable miss on Bose's part.  Also the lack of low-latency and low-loss or lossless codec support is totally incomprehensible.  At this price they're really behind the 8-ball given how ridiculously long it has taken them to release these.  I really thought they were going to come out with a decent set of industry- leading earbuds but they are likely to be little more than me-too products,  and lack-lustre at that.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Enabling the feature over a software update is a crucial question. I could be wrong but I remember Apple saying the Airpods Pro would be getting this feature over a firmware upgrade during their WWDC. Apple feature is called "Automatic device switching". If this is true, Bose might be capable of doing it but if they plan to reserve this feature for a future version to attract customers after 4 years then its sad. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Rather sad that if it's really true this has not multi-point support. I would rather go with Sennheiser's MOMENTUM True Wireless 2. Just slightly more in terms of cost. Hopefully Bose knows how important this is.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

@Charlotte_G , could you please confirm the lack of multi-point. There seems to be a lot of users who are waiting for this answer. Thanks.