Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Re: Bose QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds Multi Point support.

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hey everyone,

Thank you to everybody who posted their feedback on multi-point for the QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds.

We understand that many of you would be interested in the ability to connect to multiple devices simultaneously. We hear you, however, the hardware architecture of the QC and Sport Earbuds utilizes a primary/secondary connection - meaning the right earbud manages one Bluetooth connection between the source audio device and a second Bluetooth connection with the left earbud. Because of this, it will not be possible to implement a multipoint connection with two audio source devices. 

We made this decision so that we could prioritize sound quality, comfort, and best-in-class noise cancellation. While multipoint will not be possible for these earbuds, it is something we will continue to explore for future products.

Thank you again for all your support! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

It is nice to hear a 'definitive' NO so we do not wait for new firmware updates.  OK... supporting multiple connections at one time is a NO...  BUT, what about switching devices without having to 'manually' disconnect the other device?  

Example... If I'm currently connected to my iPad and I want to connect to FireTV, I have to find my iPad to disconnect before I can connect to my TV.  Why can't the device accept a connection request from another device that it 'is' paired without having to manually confirm the disconnect of the other device?   OR... am I saying the same thing as 'multi-point' but in another way?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

I have marked this post as solved because:

- My question has been answered. (Not the answer we are looking for)

- There is no multi-point support and that tells me everything. 

- Because I marked the solution. People can just go to the answer (Yes, I don't like the answer as well)

- Bose will not listen to our feedback and add this feature. I don't think it's very simple. I hope Bose will see how many customers are returning their earphones for this feature and consider it in the future.

I have returned my earphones for the same reason. I shall purchase Bose after they start listening to customers. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

I can see that a lot of people are returning their earbuds because of this future unavailable feature, somehow it is disappointing for us especially that many other earbuds are offering this with lower price range, i have acquired by QCs yesterday with the hope that a software update will come soon as i am an engineer and i am quite confident Bose are doing their best to solve this. anyway i will be taking my time to decide whether to return the earbuds or not. till then i hope we will have a positive feedback from Bose.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

I have my old Bose Sports and they would be perfect if they were smaller, noise cancelling, and did not have the cable between them. Unfortunately, I returned the new Bose sports and I have gone to a different brand. Maybe I’ll try Bose again one day, but this was not the normal functional quality I have come to expect from Bose. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Thank you for providing us a definitive answer and also the reason behind the technology limitations. As you have said, we who are strong supporters of Bose products; hopefully you could have this feature implemented and the technology headaches resolved. It's really an important feature.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2020

I was also waiting for BOSE ear buds as I have tried others that simply never fit right and popped out of ear even when doing simple workouts.

Problem is, I even called BOSE to confirm multipoint and they said absolutely. Well, received them yesterday and to my disappointment they do not. Even worse, I cannot switch between PC and Phone without forgetting and re-pairing the devices. Could be a malfunction, but so far very disappointed and will be returning (even if multipoint is not available - cannot believe this was not a priority this day and age -, switching between devices should not be this painful)

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

I can see another option being to improve the device switching capability of the headphones. An example from a competitor is the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2. Though it also doesn't support multipoint, it does manage to always stay connected to your "main" device using Bluetooth Low Energy. This allows you to manage your headphones through your main device even though the audio connection is with some secondary or tertiary device.

The Sennheiser's also adopt the same "hero connection" scenario you described so hopefully based on your architecture this should be possible.