Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newjazz11
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2021

Re: Bose QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds Multi Point support.

EXACY!!!!........ Totally agree! Oh, and capacitated touch controls since I literally wore the rubber button off the right ear buds and had to throw it out! Until then they were as important as my door key on my Paris commute!!!! Na!

Azharnj
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

While we understand Bose thought process of not implementing multi-point, it can’t be ignored that other competitors have successfully introduced the feature without compromise of sound quality.

I have a pair of quietcomfort earbuds (and honestly love the comfort and sound quality) but found myself using my HUAWEI freebuds pro more. This is because I can use either bud and connect to 2 devices and also enjoy the noise cancelling.

Also, if you google Bowers Wilkins are coming out with PI5 and PI7 earbuds which will both support multipoint and ANC. 

if only Bose could incorporate the missing features, somewhat make the case more pocket friendly (the size of sport version earbuds and case is better) it will take the product to a different level.

Angelobuds
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

Hi

i am writing to share how my bose sport earbuds sometimes connects to my laptop and my phone automatically. Thought it was a glitch but now I have started cracking it and it connects 40% of the times. I enjoy and prefer it when it connects to two devices instead of I physically trying to disconnect and reconnect to a different device. I am starting to feel I need to switch to apple for there convenience over sound now as its more practical in real life. I really wish bose allows multipoint connections in near future. 

thanks

craigb203
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

Why Bose Earbuds are NOT number 1

Earbuds

- Please fix the connection to more than one device at the same time, I paid 280.00 for these thinks to learn this. Wow this is Bose not a cheap company.

-Fix it so you can use either earbud not just the right one, some people are left ear dominate. It implies everyone is the same.

-Fix an equalizer for the app, all others like Samsung have this.

I did reviews online (YouTube and other sites) and the only reason Bose it NOT number one, is because of the above problems. I am serious thinking of returning them because of these issues. With a company like BOSE you expect the best.

I know of several people that returned their earbuds for just these thinks. I am hoping you read this with serious concern and fix these options.

I would like to know BOSE quality and customer care is very important so that I can tell others of BOSE's classy costumer relations.

Hope to hear back soon and that you are working to make these requests a reality

Stan K
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2021

Dear Bose,

I have received my new Sport Earbuds today as an upgrade from SoundSport I had for a few years and I have to say I'm quite underwhelmed by the way connectivity switch is designed (or rather not designed at all)

Based on instructions on the BOSE support page:

Switching between Bluetooth devices:

1. On the currently connected device, turn off Bluetooth.
  2. On the new device:
    1. Turn on Bluetooth
    2. In the settings menu, go to the Bluetooth device list and select the earbuds to connect

I use my headphones with a TV... 

Connecting to TV: 

Before I would navigate to TV with earphones and TV would say - "Your earphones are trying to connect. Allow / Don't allow"... 2 clicks on earphones, 1 click on remote - Done 

Now I need to go into the TV settings to initiate connection from somewhere in the connectivity menu??

Disconnecting from TV:

Before I would switch to new device with 2 clicks on the earphone and I was done.. 

Now I need to go into TV Settings to deactivate Bluetooth... before going to another device to initiate connection from settings?

Is that really how Bose intended the device switching to work?

Is that really how Bose would like to use this product themselves if they used earphones to listen the TV?

Is there anything in the development backlog to address this issue? Can it be added to backlog?

For example it could be possible to:
Introduce Swipe down on the left earphone to scroll through devices (same feature as was added to the right headphone to change volume in the last update)
or 
Introduce touch and hold on the left earphone to switch to the next device in the list...

Anything?

Thanks for suggestions, support (incl Community) and feedback

Stan

Stan K
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2021

Dear BOSE, Please don't merge my topic with Multi-Device Tread.

I'm not asking for Device to be connected to 2 devices at the same time. I'm asking for a possibility to easily switch between devices

aleross
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2021

Sport Earbuds device switching

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name: Sport Earbuds

Firmware Version: 1.2.7-12678+787c799

App Version:   Android 4.5.4

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
Samsung S20 FE, IpadPro and Macbook Pro

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

It is very difficult to switch between devices. The app offers a very good way to solve that, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

In the device, you can go to tips and and select switch devices.

it says to press the Bluetooth button on the case, and this should prompt what device my earbuds are connected to and switch between devices by pressing the button again.

But when I press the button it does nothing.

I am enclosing the screen captures of these instructions.

Are they wrong? Do I have the wrong firmware?
the instructions show a great way to do this but I can't get it to work.(Frustrating!)

thanks,

Alex

Screenshot_20210621-135054_Bose Music.jpgScreenshot_20210621-135104_Bose Music.jpgScreenshot_20210621-135303_Bose Music.jpgScreenshot_20210621-135312_Bose Music.jpg

MIchael08
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2021

Re: Why Bose Earbuds are NOT number 1

I agree!!  I've been wanting to buy the QC Ear Buds as I love my AC20 Headphones.  The noise cancelling on those is so amazing.  However, I need to be able to easily switch between multiple devices - laptop and/or phone or multiple cell phones.  Airpods have a similar flaw in that they can connect to multiple devices but can only operate with one device.