Contributor
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

Re: Bose QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds Multi Point support.

I have QuietComfort Earbuds. 

You can add additional devices but you have to disconnect from any currently connected device first.  

There is no multi point connect support - while the headphone can be setup with multiple devices it can only connect to One at a time.  

Most problematic of all is switching devices - so far the only way I've been able to switch is from the active device disconnect, then from the second device press connect. 

For example, when connected to my Google Pixel phone I have to pickup the phone, unlock, turn off bluetooth or disconnect the headphone from bluetooth settings, then go to my other device (say ipad), unlock, go to bluetooth settings and connect to the earbuds.    

For me the lack of multi-point connect would be less of a problem if I could cycle through the list of configured devices from the headset until i get to my preferred - or the one ringing.

With Bose's the current approach if I'm in one room with my iPad but my Google Pixel was the last device connected and its in another room, to switch to my iPad i need to find my phone first the go through the switching process described above. 

Seems as though Device Switching could be added as a configuration on the app that enables me to setup an 'action' that lets me cycle through the devices in the connected list on the headset.

Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Hi,

Could you please confirm, is there any chance of adding this(Multi Point Support) feature in near feature. 

I believe answer to this question may be deciding factor for many including me. 

Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

I've been following this thread for a week and the response from Bose has been slow, non-specific and disappointing. I'm very keen to hear if this feature is going to be added. This will decide on whether i keep my headphones or not.

Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2020

I have the same purchase decision making question. Will there be multipoint in the future at least?

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and continuing the discussion!

We don't have any information to share about any potential upcoming updates or features for the Earbuds, so sadly I wouldn't be able to say for certain whether this is something that could be added in the future. 

As it seems to be a feature all of you would really like to see going forward, I'll be sure to pass this feedback along to our development team so they know this is something that you all would be excited to see added.

Let me know if you have any further questions or suggestions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Thanks @Keith_L ,

Hopefully, you will come up with good news soon. We will be waiting for the day.

Thanks

Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Hello,

I started using the Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds recently and I really like the product. But I am unable to connect several devices at the same time and have to disconnect a device to connect to another device.

This so annoying since I need to take calls from the phone and like to listen to music from the laptop.

Since the Bose QuietComfort® Earbuds has Bluetooth 5.1; I presume the hardware is compatible for this change. So the question is would there be a software update which can solve this issue. 

Regards

Jagdeep

Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

I am having the same issue. Very frustrating when working off multiple devices at a time

Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

I own multiple Bose headphones and multipoint was always part of the feature set.   I purchased the new Earbuds and really like them but am incredibly disappointed by the lack of this feature.  

As almost everyone is working from home and living in Zoom and their mobile phones it is imperative to have multipoint connections to both our computers and phones. 

It would be useful to know if this was a feature that was somehow forgotten and will be added soon, or if their is some technical reason for not having it.  Is it that the new Bose Music app doesn't somehow support it, but Bose Connect app does?  Please let us know as it is really bad!

Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2020

Have to agree that it was silly not to implement multi connect at launch.  If you disable bluetooth on all paired devices except the one you want, you can hear the Earbuds cycle through all of the devices in the device list.  If the device you want it to connect to happens to be number 7 on the list, expect to be waiting for a good 30+ seconds for a connection.