Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cn18
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2020

Bose Quietcomfort - Spotify connectivity - touch control

Hi, 

I received my Bose Quietcomfort Earbuds today and I'm having issues with my music player via Spotify. When I start playing music, the controls would work for a bit - then it'll stop sensing Spotify playing in the background. At this point the touch controls to pause/play or skip track isn't working - as well as in ear detection, music will continue to play despite the earbuds being placed on my table. My phone will show music is still playing through the earbuds. 

When I open back the spotify app, it'll start recognizing it again and the controls will work till it happens again. 

I'm not sure if it's a software issue with Bose Music app, or my phone (android - Google pixel 3).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Bose Quietcomfort - Spotify connectivity - touch control

Author Accepted Answer selected by Cn18

HI Cn18, 

I am so excited to hear you have our new headphones! 

Let's get this bug fixed for you. We can start by resetting the headphones, removing them from your phone's pairing list, and then repairing them and ensuring that they are up to date with the latest firmware. After this, if the issue persists, please can you let me know if this happens with another device and if your Spotify app is up to date? Also, can you check for any timers on your phone that may close apps after a certain time?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Vicky_W

Author Accepted Answer selected by Cn18

HI Cn18, 

I am so excited to hear you have our new headphones! 

Let's get this bug fixed for you. We can start by resetting the headphones, removing them from your phone's pairing list, and then repairing them and ensuring that they are up to date with the latest firmware. After this, if the issue persists, please can you let me know if this happens with another device and if your Spotify app is up to date? Also, can you check for any timers on your phone that may close apps after a certain time?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

dimsdale
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2020

I think it's an app sleep issue on your phone.  I used to have similar problems a while back. The phone is putting Spotify into some sort of sleep mode.

TSpeakes
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2020

Just bought Bose CQ earbuds. Connects to my phone and plays Spotify just fine on my phone. But when I connect to my computer the sound is absolutely awful, like sound like these are 5$ headphones it goes up and down

I already reset the headphones by removing them from your phone's pairing list, and then repairing them and ensuring that they are up to date with the latest firmware.

Also my Spotify is up to date

Charlotte_G

Hey @TSpeakes, welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry to hear about the poor audio quality when connected to your computer. What OS is your computer? Check that you're connecting to the Stereo profile and not the Hands-Free profile, as this will reduce the quality as it is intended for calls. 

Let me know how you get on with that.