Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hessam_seifi
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Bose SoundSport Free - Left Ear Disconnecting Problem Finally Solved

I bought this product 2 months back. It has excellent sound quality & comfort in the ear and exactly what I wanted and could't find an exact match in other brands (non had such as fit in the ear with good quality). However when I took them outside for running the left earbud kept disconnecting randomly. I updated the firmware even they guys at the store did it again for me and the problem was not solved. They  finally replaced it for me with a new one. I tried it again outdoor and it failed again :(. No problem or complains at all using it indoor and in the gym.
So I read all the forums people having similar problems and the Bose Technical team were giving explanation how the left ear receive the signla from the right ear bud and how it may disconnect due to existing technology if you use it outdoor in some area as there may not be enough surface to reflect the signals and that's how it works..
So I tried something which solved my problem completely 100%. I just switched the left earbud with the right one by changing the soft plastic fit of each one. I did a run outdoor, the exact same track, same time , same outdoor temperature/humidity and same device and did not face the problem at all! Not even a single disconnect in 1 hour 🙂 The only hassle is that they don't fit it the box for charging and I have to replace it every time before/after use.
I guess maybe by switching them now each device in the ear is upside down to it's original design and maybe now the running track works as the reflective surface (somehow) and there is no disconnection of signal.

I was using the earbuds with my Garmin Marq watch which I wear it on the left hand , before trying the above I tried wearing it on my right hand to be closer to right earbud but not so successful and I don't like to wear it on right side !

10 REPLIES 10
Vicky_W

Re: Bose SoundSport Free - Left Ear Disconnecting Problem Finally Solved

Hello Hessam_seifi, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SoundSport Free headphones and am so happy to hear that you have found a workaround that works for yourself. 

If you had not have found the workaround, i would have suggested: 

• Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  • Try resetting your headphones. To do this place the earbuds into the charging case, plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds, unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute. After that remove the earbuds from the case and try again. 
  • Clearing the Bluetooth list. To do this press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  • Delete your headphones from the Bose Connect app and from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device and then repair them. 

Thanks again for sharing your top tips for other users to try. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Nintros
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

I have the same problem, but I'm in my room, working and the left ear disconets while sitting, I do what the moderetor said, still have the problem.

Sam_F

Hey @Nintros,

That seems quite odd. What device are you connecting your headphones too? What are you listening to /watching when you encounter the disconnections?

To confirm, did you try all steps listed by Vicky_W?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
d3babs
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2020

Has this issue not be resolved by Bose yet???  It seems as if it's been going on for years after I Google searched this morning.  Why would I Google search?  Well, I've owned the ear buds for over a year now and this started happening to me a few months ago.  I was hoping it would stop, but since the left ear bud continues to randomly disconnect on it's own, I had to try to see if it was something I had done or if it is a Bose issue.  Clearly, there is something wrong with the headphones.  Other than this issue, I've absolutely loved them.  However, this issue happens randomly no matter if I'm sitting at a table at my house, running on a treadmill or running outside.  I feel the only "fix" is to place them back into the case and take them out again...this is not a solution as I can't carry the case everywhere I go while they're in use!  If there isn't a fix, then I'd like a refund so that I can try to find another brand that sounds at least as good as these do...

freds714
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2020

I am having same issue with these AND trouble even getting them to connect to my iPhone 11 pro, updated them & followed everything Vicki has written.

About to toss them, I also own 3 Bose revolve plus speakers, all sound great but connectivity really is NOT well done.

I think I am done with Bose products, too bad...

Vicky_W

Sorry to hear that you are facing connection issues @freds714. The troubleshooting you have tried so far is great. I would like to address one issue at a time here to get your headphones working correctly. Let's start by getting the headphones connected to your phone. Do you use the Bose connect app? This would be a great place to start! Also, when trying to pair the headphones, are you seeing a Blue flashing LED? 

I look forward to your reply. 

seantles
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

I just bought Soundsport free in-ear headphones and the left ear bud is having an issue. It constantly makes static sound as if it is constantly reconnecting itself. It loses its sound every time it does that. Right ear bud is working fine, but it is only the left ear bud. It does that every minute or so. 

teachK
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Bose Sound Sport Free Left earbud disconnecting

I have had my SoundSport earbuds for a year and a 1/2 and LOVE them!  However, a couple of weeks ago, the left one, after 20 minutes will have a little "power down song" and shut off.  After 2-3 minutes, the right one will have a little "blip" sound and then I can reconnect the left one again.  lt will repeat this cycle every 2-3 minutes!

I have downloaded the latest update.  I have tried the plugging in, waiting 5 seconds, and disconnecting the USB for a minute.  Nothing I have read and/or tried has helped. 

Please help!

Chavaj03
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2021

I have bought mines about a month ago... I have the exact same issue, I'm in Costa Rica what can I do to get the replacement since I font have a way to return them back as the email indicates, can anybody please help me