Highlighted
Diabpr
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

Bose SoundSport Free Wireless Pairing Issue

My Bose SoundSport Free Wireless headphones are pairing with my iPhone/iPad on their own while they are still in the case supposedly charging. This causes the headset to lose all its charge because it is pairing when I don’t want it to. Is this a known issue or is there something faulty in the set I own? Can I do anything to fix this from my end? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose SoundSport Free Wireless Pairing Issue

Author Accepted Answer selected by Diabpr

Hello Diabpr, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundSport Free wireless headphones. That is unusual, and I'd be happy to help you today. 

With regard to troubleshooting, I would recommend trying the following in an attempt to resolve the problem.

Check the contacts

If the headphones are not securely connected to the contacts in the case, this will prevent them from shutting off when docked. Please check to ensure there is no debris/corrosion or damage to the case. 

Establish a new connection

1. Clear the device list on your headphones by holding the button on the left earbud for around 10 seconds or until you hear the voice prompt "Bluetooth device list cleared."

2. On your Smartphone, go to Settings > Bluetooth, then locate the headphones. Tap the ( i ) or cog icon to the right of the product name, then remove the headphones.

3. The headphones should already been in pairing mode from when you held the Bluetooth button. If not, press and hold the button on the left bud again for around 5 seconds or until you see a blinking blue LED. 

4. On the smartphone, go back into your Bluetooth settings and locate and select the headphones under the 'other devices'/'available devices' section. 

Update the firmware

If the issue continues, I would recommend checking to ensure the headphones are up to date by visiting this link on a computer. 

Finally, if you continue to have issues, I'd recommend getting in touch with local support in your country. Details can be found here.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do feel free to reply. If anyone else is having similar issues, please attempt the troubleshooting above and feel free to join in the discussion!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

4 REPLIES 4

Author Accepted Answer selected by Diabpr

Hello Diabpr, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundSport Free wireless headphones. That is unusual, and I'd be happy to help you today. 

With regard to troubleshooting, I would recommend trying the following in an attempt to resolve the problem.

Check the contacts

If the headphones are not securely connected to the contacts in the case, this will prevent them from shutting off when docked. Please check to ensure there is no debris/corrosion or damage to the case. 

Establish a new connection

1. Clear the device list on your headphones by holding the button on the left earbud for around 10 seconds or until you hear the voice prompt "Bluetooth device list cleared."

2. On your Smartphone, go to Settings > Bluetooth, then locate the headphones. Tap the ( i ) or cog icon to the right of the product name, then remove the headphones.

3. The headphones should already been in pairing mode from when you held the Bluetooth button. If not, press and hold the button on the left bud again for around 5 seconds or until you see a blinking blue LED. 

4. On the smartphone, go back into your Bluetooth settings and locate and select the headphones under the 'other devices'/'available devices' section. 

Update the firmware

If the issue continues, I would recommend checking to ensure the headphones are up to date by visiting this link on a computer. 

Finally, if you continue to have issues, I'd recommend getting in touch with local support in your country. Details can be found here.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do feel free to reply. If anyone else is having similar issues, please attempt the troubleshooting above and feel free to join in the discussion!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Diabpr
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

Thanks this was helpful. I did the trouble shooting and it was determined that the product had a defect. I went to the local Bose store and they replaced it no hassle. Fantastic company!

Tilak Ram Ghimire
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

I am also new user of this device and I found only one bud connected while calling via facebook massenger

Hello Tilak Ram Ghimire, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

In the SoundSport Free headphones, the signal path runs from the source device to the right earbud which then sends it to the left earbud. TWS (True Wireless Stereo) is limited in its ability to synchronize multi-channel audio across the various stages from the source to the earbuds. Due to this, we have limited the call audio to only the right earbud. We have done this to prevent any issues with an audio lag whilst on a call. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards,

Vicky W