MasterLeaf
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2018

Bose SoundSport Free left earbud unable to reconnect to samsung galaxy watch active after sleep mode

As the title suggest, I have a recurring problem whereby when I have two devices paired to the headphones and it connects to my watch (the samsung galaxy watch active) it just fails to connect the left earbud after being in sleep mode. I'm not sure if its sleep mode actually as when I put the earbuds in the case and take them out again the problem still exists. I get a message saying "mobile device not found" randomly, despite being connected to the watch. I press the button on the left earbud and it tells me that its connected to the watch but doesn't play audio. The only way I can fix it is to unpair the earphones from all my devices, every single time it happens as no matter what it won't connect again the left earbud to the watch. I'm almost certain this is a bug. Is this about and is it common? I don't see what else I can do besides just leaving the watch paired to the earbuds because the moment i pair with another device and go back to the watch it doesn't connect the left earbud.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose SoundSport Free left earbud unable to reconnect to samsung galaxy watch active after sle...

Hello MasterLeaf, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you are encountering this problem with your SoundSport Free wireless headphones. 

It sounds like your Samsung watch is connecting to the hands-free profile of the headphones, hence why the right earbud is only producing audio. This may be because of your phone using the audio profile. 

I would recommend ensuring that your headphones are running the latest firmware version. This can be done via the Bose Connect app or on your computer through the Bose Updater

Let me know if this helps at all. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
MasterLeaf
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2018

Re: Bose SoundSport Free left earbud unable to reconnect to samsung galaxy watch active after sle...

Thanks for the reply, my headphones were up to date and I done it through the updater via a usb cable. What you said sounds accurate, it doesn't attempt to use the audio profile while connected to the watch, when its paired to more than one bluetooth device. The left bud doesn't make that beep sound when i take them out of the case as it says "connected to galaxy watch". It just skips that and then i have to clear pairing list again and try get it to work. Its quite tedious.

Highlighted

Hi MasterLeaf, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

It appears that this is an issue that is caused by the Galaxy watch I have noticed after doing some research of their customers having a similar issue. I would recommend checking out this thread here for more information.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
MasterLeaf
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2018

So after a week I found the solution to be unpairing my phone from the earbuds in its bluetooth device screen and have only the galaxy watch active paired, then it connects both the left and right earbuds everytime.  If not then it just says mobile device not found and connects both the 1st time then never again would it connect the left earbud. Basically having mypairing list just the watch allows me to use the headphones without issues. Would be convenient though to disconnnect my earbuds and having a functioning pairing list tho, so I dont have to go through these extra steps.