Highlighted
Lars H.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Bose SoundSport Pulse firmware 3.0.3 issue

Hi

After the reson firmware update to version 3.0.3 i have been having issues with getting the headset working with the Samsung healt app. After the update i can no loger get it to conect to the hart rate sensor. 

The Headset conects fine to my phone and in the bose app i can get it to show the hart rate, but the samsung health app fails to even connect to the sensor.I have tried clearing all bluethooth date, bose app data and completly reinstalling the samsung health app to make sure no "old" data was playing tricks. nothing works.

Before the update everything worked just fine, so there must have been made some changes to the firmware that prevents it from working.

I hope you can help me out or give me a way to "downgrade" the firmware to an older one. that way i might be able to confirm that the new firmware is the guilty party.

the phone is Samsung galaxy A3 2017, androide 8.0.0

Best regards

Lars

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose SoundSport Pulse firmware 3.0.3 issue

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi all, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing when connecting to the Health App. I can understand how frustrating this must be and I'll do all I can to assist you! 

We do not have a way to downgrade the Firmware, the Firmware is released to fix issues and by downgrading there is potential to cause issues with your product. 

I would recommend trying a different device to see if this issue is consistent.  

I would also recommend resetting the earphones. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with this. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

32 REPLIES 32
orts
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

How did you managed to get them connected in the first place? It seems that the Samsung health app does not support them at all
Lars H.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

You just scan for accessories and it pops up under supported types: bt/ble/ant+. 

orts
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Nope, it doesn't find it, maybe because it's already connected
Lars H.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Strange you can't. when the headset is connected normally and i go in and search i get it no problem.

samsung healt bose soundsport puls.jpg

orts
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Wasn't easy, but I found it, thanks!
Now I'm facing the same original issue as you did.
Lars H.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Good to hear it work for you as well Smiley Happy

Now we just have to hope that bose support actually bothers to answer, even if it is tuff luck pall Smiley LOL But i do hope they alt least give me/us a way to downgrade the firmware to the old one that worked flawlessly 

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi all, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing when connecting to the Health App. I can understand how frustrating this must be and I'll do all I can to assist you! 

We do not have a way to downgrade the Firmware, the Firmware is released to fix issues and by downgrading there is potential to cause issues with your product. 

I would recommend trying a different device to see if this issue is consistent.  

I would also recommend resetting the earphones. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with this. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Lars H.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Hi

i have tried with the apps you link to in you bose app, and that seams to conect fine the few times i tried before deleting it (layout and overview was bad).

So it might be that what ever changes you made in the last firmware udate that made it better for pairing with windows 10, broke the compatibility with the samsung health app. A bad trade off considering that it is sport headphones with a Heart Rate sensor and pc use would not be the main purpose 😞

Do you have any time frame for the next firmware update. hopfully that will fix this setback 🙂

Best regards

Lars

Hi Lars H, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. We don't currently have any information regarding future firmware updates. 

Have you attempted the steps that have been suggested above by the moderators? If so did this have any effect? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B