Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Re: Bose SoundSport Pulse firmware 3.0.3 issue

I am facing the complete same problem. Before the 3.0.3 firmware update my heart rate was shown in my samsung health app. After the update, the only app i manage to see my heart rate is the bose connect app. This is not why have bought this rather expensive earphones!

Please provide a firmware update to fix this problem - or at least the tool which allows to "downgrade" from this erroneos version!

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi HeLo, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you are also experiencing this issue. 

Have you carried out the troubleshooting mentioned earlier in this thread? Has this helped your issue at all?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Hi Jessie,

i did not see any real solution. The resetting of the device i have tried before. It did not make any difference. It does not seem that i made any difference for the two other guys in this thread facing the same issue. 

I have also tried other apps (Strada, and some other advertised in the connect app). But i did not manage to get any of them working with the heart rate sensor. This 3.0.3 update is really a deal breaker: before the earphones were working like a charm! And you actually cant even avoid the update, can you?

BR

HeLo 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi @HeLo and thanks for getting back to us.

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues despite the above troubleshooting.

If you have not already done so, can I ask that you make sure the app(s) you're using are selecting the right heart rate monitor, that the heart rate sensor on the left earbud is clean/clear from debris, and if you're using a free version of an app, that this would support the heart-rate offering? 

Furthermore, can I ask that you check that the earbud is of a secure fit to detect the heartrate correctly?

If none of the above is of help, then I would at this point be recommending that you reach out to Bose Support directly to have this serviced.

This can be done by selecting your country/region and navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

If you're still having issues after this, or are having difficulties getting in touch please let me know!

Liam W

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Hi,

i just receive this new firmware and i have an issue w the détection of heartrate. there s no more the message to say if the frequency is detected or not, and w the bose connect app, the frequency is never displayed, and of course, it is the same using the runtastic app. Everything worked fine before this update... i m using iphone7 plus and the bose connect app is 8.1.1

thanks for your help 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello @Olemoal and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having difficulties with the heart-rate monitor here and would be more than happy to follow up with you.

My first suggestion, if you have not already done so, would be to perform the troubleshooting options already listed in this thread.

If you are still not able to detect this after updating, re-installing the app, clearing the Bluetooth list on the product and phone; then I would advise that you reach out to Bose Support by selecting your country/region and navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if required.

Please follow up there if needed!

Liam W

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

I have the exact same issue since last update.  Can you please fix this.  I just had the earphones replaced because of this issue and it still doesn't work.  The issue IS the firmware I just tried it with a brand new product. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Also why is this issue marked a solved?! It's not solved. It is not user error. Your firmware has broken the feature I bought these for. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

I do not understand why this issue is marked as solved either. Since the firmware update, the pulse measurement does not work with this earphones anymore!

So practically, the firmware made my bose soundsport pulse wireless earphones into bose soundsport wireless earphones - a downgrade of ~50€! Thanks for this "feature". Any chance that there will be in the near future an update that solves this issue again?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

I have messaged them on Facebook messenger with a link to this thread.  Maybe we all do the same?