Oct 5, 2019

Re: Bose SoundSport Pulse firmware 3.0.3 issue

Also it's the same on Strava as it is on Samsung Health

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

I know, i do not get the pulse sensor working in any app!

Since i do not have Facebook, i cannot post there. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Well I got a pretty crappy response. See below. Talk about wiping your hands. Could have sent the issue on to the tech team.

Hi Paul, unfortunately we don't look after these posts. However, best to chat to our technical team about this issue on 1800 061 046 and opening hours: Mon – Fri 8AM – 5PM AEST. Thanks, Bose

My Reply:

It's hard to call. Can you not send this on to the technical team? It's not a 'me' issue. It's a product issue for all users since last firmware update

Has anyone had time to call Bose?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Hi all,  I called Bose yesterday and they say they are working on bug fixes and will have an update out by end of October after testing. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Well done, big thx!!

no news from the Bose FB account, they ask me for the S/n of my headphone, that s it

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Yeah they tried the s/n thing over the phone and I didn't give it.  Said my serial number had nothing to do with dodgy firmware.  He then went to the support team and came back with that info. Told him about this post which bose haven't even bothered to update use on.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Thanks, lets hope that the fix restore the original pulse measuring feature! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

I have exactly the same issue since upgrading to firmware 3.0.3

I cannot connect with my Sports Watch (Suunto 9 Baro) anymore with the Bose "HR-Bose SoundSport Pulse" device anymore. The connection attempt is rejected immediately!

With an older firmware (2.9) this was working fine!

So I assume Bose disabled this possibility (BT-smart anonymous connect), maybe due to "security reasons" ? 

Heartrate monitor is working in Adidas Running App!!!, but I need it for my Suunto Watch which I use for running.

I contacted Bose Support for this issue and they apologized for the "incompatibility" glitch I ran to with recent firmware which is not really helping me.

The easiest solution woud be a firmware downgrade (to version 2.9)

Unfortunately it is not possible to downgrade the firmware because Bose disabled this functionality in the Bose Updater app, too 😞

To me these changes are not user friendly at all!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Are there any news regarding the firmware update which was promissed for end of October? I did not see any so far.

Seriously, i have expensive Bose pulse measuring ears phones and i have to use my old chest strapped pulse sensor for monitoring my heard rate the last couple of months! 

@bose: if you cannot fix the issue in the current firmware version, please provide a way to downgrade it again to the one which was working for us!