Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Re: Bose SoundSport Pulse firmware 3.0.3 issue

@SanMan I actually got banned from the forum for a few thousand minutes for sharing a link on how to downgrade because it is against their rules! Now i'm back.

WOW the thing that really infuriates me with this is that they have time to delete useful posts and ban users but they can't find the time to respond to their customers problems and questions. @bose your products are great but you can't rely on that alone when your customer service really really really sux. The other stupid thing on your part is that retailers are replacing these headphones at the store as faulty and sending them back to you when they aren't actually faulty (the firmware is) What a waste of your stakeholders time and your own resources.

And one of the reasons provided for not being able to downgrade is the security risks. How in the heck can a wireless headphone present a security risk to your data. OMG

Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

I have the same problem with Samsung S8, using Health app and Strava.

I can see the heart rate in Bose app.

Another problem - if Bose app goes into background (eg I switch to another app, or the phone is locked), when I try to check the HR again, Bose app seems to be recovering from crash. It takes up to 10 seconds to get the rate again, which is not good as I could be walking or cycling and it's not safe looking at my phone waiting for the rate to appear again, instead of looking at the road.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

I found the way to downgrade to v2.5.. and it's back working as intended. I uninstalled Bose app, as there is no need for it really. 

Haven't tried it with Strava yet (as I heard Strava removed bluetooth and Ant+ support) but using Samsung Health app it's working perfectly, recording my HR as soon as I start the workout and no dropped connections no matter what. I'm very happy with the outcome, thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread!

Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

@Alexss glad you found the solution mate. Bit of googling and you can find it cos @bose won't allow their customers to help each other with actual links through threatening a ban from their community forum. I uninstalled the APP as well to avoid any risk of accidental firmware upgrade because it doesn't even warn you. At least if you plug them into a PC you an check for a firmware update and then decide whether to update or not.

Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Well there goes any chance of customer service with all front facing stores closing!  Maybe you could afford to keep them open if you helped your customers! @bose 

https://www.9news.com.au/national/bose-to-shut-all-retail-stores-in-australia-in-move-towards-online...

Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

I've been reading all these topics and some of them are almost 1 year old, never thought that I was still using my headsets with the last version, I upgraded it some days ago and I started having the same problems, like one dude said, you Google it and then you find the solution, (it's not the credit card link BTW), it's just stupid for the bose guys to have this problem going on for almost a year without having a solution!!!

It's like hey, we upgraded your car, which worked fine, because of some bugs and oh yeah.... You won't be able to check your speed anymore, hope that's not a problem. 

You really need some better quality with customer service guys. 

Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2020

I found only v3.0.3 under advanced mode of btu.bose.com.

Does anyone know how to downgrade the firmware?

Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Just if Bose is listening by chance... I had a look at the BLE advertising and the FW 3.0.3 is broken: it advertises a "complete list of services"

DL8AAU_0-1587294015587.png

0xFEBE is the UUID registered to Bose

But how on earth an app should know that this BLE device supports Heart Rate? To do this, the headset would need to advertise an Incomplete service list (so the app would need to discover the services) or maybe, if there is enough space, add the heart rate service (0x180D) to the list.

Clearly a stupid bug in the BLE implementeation and indeed the only option seems to try and get the older (working) version from somewhere.

Regards,

Alexander

Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Warning to anyone reading this: This issue is marked as solved, but Bose has known about it for months and it is NOT SOLVED. So frustrating!

Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

It seems the only way to get the HR monitor functionality visible in fitness apps after upgrade to 3.0.3 is to downgrade the firmware. The Bose Updater at btu.bose.com no longer allows downgrades. But if you look on reddit r/bose you can find a hack that allows you to downgrade... this invalidates your warranty etc. but at least you will have functioning HR monitor again in your fitness apps. I was able to downgrade to 2.5.3 and everything is working again.

It's be OVER A YEAR now since this problem first arose. This is a *very real* problem created by bad firmware. Despite what you may read above, it is NOT your phone or your fitness app. Blaming other things is a diversionary tactic. Clearly, Bose know about this but have chosen to do NOTHING.

Users shouldn't have to rely on a hack somewhere to the functionality we paid good money for.

GET IT FIXED, BOSE!