Highlighted
ciapak
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Bose SoundSport Pulse firmware 3.0.3

My earphones stoped working correctly, not sure if it is connected with the firmware version but I noticed the new version had been uploaded to the device a few days ago. They connect perfectly to the smartphone (huawei mate 20 lite) but heart rate sensor does not work with endomondo. This is not hardware problem because I can see on Bose Connect   app on my phone my heart rate. When I scan for heart-rate monitor in endomond, it founds BoseSoundSportPulse device but is unable to connect to it. The label "not connected" is displayed belowe its name. I have an impression that the label "blinks" for a second and change to "connected" but then, immediatel change again to "not connected"

I have tried another application ("decathlon coach") witch works in similar way, and I have the same issue - the HR monitor is discovered, but it is not possible to connect to it.

I found very old post from the year 2017 how to downgrade the firmware but the method does not work now. Even though I switch to advanced mode on btu.bose.com I am still able to choose only current version of firmware (i.e. 3.0.3). There are error logs though, but not sure what they mean:

Error Log
7/16/2019 19:24:48.788, Error, Device::sendQuery failed to send report (2 - lc)
7/16/2019 19:24:48.788, Error, 'lc' QUERY NOT SUPPORTED - RETURNING EMPTY
7/16/2019 19:24:48.865, Error, Device::sendQuery failed to send report (2 - lc)
7/16/2019 19:24:48.865, Error, 'lc' QUERY NOT SUPPORTED - RETURNING EMPTY
(and so on)

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Bose SoundSport Pulse firmware 3.0.3

Hello ciapak,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your SoundSport Pulse headphones. That's something I would be happy to help you with today, we can do a few troubleshooting steps to try to rectify this; I would suggest that you try resetting your headphones, rebooting your phone, log out and back into your Endomondo account on the app.

To reboot your headset:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on! 

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

ciapak
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

I have tried it a few times  but it did not work. I am not sure if earphones should react somehow e.g. give voice prompt the they was just reset?

Hello ciapak,

Thanks for getting back to me, there is no voice prompt that indicates the reset has completed; they should just power on as normal. Have you been able to use the Endomondo app with the heart rate monitor before or are you trying to use it for the first time? I would suggest you try rebooting your phone to see if this helps at all. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

ciapak
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Yes, I have been able to use Endomondo and the other app I mentioned before with HR monitor (in fact I used it about a week ago and it worked fine), I have tried to reset my smartphone and nothing changed, I even tried the earphones with other smartphone (OnePlus3) and there was the same situation: Endomonod discovered HR monitor but was not able to connect to it whilest Bosse Connect App worked fine and show me HR

Hello Ciapak, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am sorry that the issues have only recently appeared. To start with please can I ask that you go to btu.bose.com and re-download the latest software for me? This will need to be done via a computer. 

Once you have done that, please can you ensure the following for me? 

• Make sure your SoundSport Pulse headphones are connected. In the Bluetooth list on your mobile device, make sure your SoundSport Pulse headphones are selected. 

• Make sure the left earbud fits securely in your ear. You may need to try a different size StayHear Pulse tip to get a secure fit. It is important for the optical sensor to make contact with the skin to read the heart rate.

• Make sure the app has the heart rate monitor setup correctly. In your fitness app’s Settings menu, look for a “Devices,” “Hardware” or “Heart Rate Monitor” menu. Select “Search for sensor” or “Auto-connect”. 

• In some fitness apps, you may need to select “Start workout” to view your heart rate. Some fitness apps do not show the heart rate passively. They will only track heart rate during a manually started workout or activity. 

• Clean the heart rate sensor on the left earbud. If the sensor is dirty, it may prevent the heart rate from being detected. Wipe it off with a soft cloth. 

• Close and reopen the fitness app. Restarting the application may resolve connection and performance issues. Closing the app fully may require swiping the app away from the "Recent apps" section. 

• Check to see if there are any updates needed for your applications. 

• Reboot the Bluetooth® device. Electronics might need to be reset on occasion to correct minor issues. This is typically done by shutting down the device, then powering it on again.

If you still have issues after checking/ completing the above, please let me know and we can find an alternative route forward. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards.

Vicky W 

ciapak
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Ok, I will try this. Although I am sure that this is not a problem with HR sensor itself, as I said I am able to read my HR value on Bose Connect App. So I am sure that the sensor works, the sensor is connected to the smarphone and the sensor is not dirty or sth, as it shows me proper value. 

ciapak
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

I did everything as you had described. Nothing changed. Still apps like endomondo are not able to connect to HR sensor (although they are able to found it). Also my other devices (running watch) are not able to connect to the sensor. 

Hi ciapak,

Thank you very much for your update regarding this issue. I apologise that this issue persists. 

As you have attempted all the troubleshooting we would suggest, I would encourage you to contact your regions Bose technical support team where an agent will be able to assist you with this matter further. Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information.

Kind regards,

Tegan M

ciapak
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

I did it earlier, and have done it again today. I fulfilled the contact form and described my issues. It is said that they would reply in 2 business day, nobody returned to me. I also did not receive the confirmation email, that my form is processing. I checked my spam folder for it. I tried to call (ther is the number displayed on the polish website): no answer.