Highlighted

Re: Bose SoundSport Pulse firmware 3.0.3

Thanks for getting back to me Lenardo, can you please confirm if you are connecting your headphones this way? I can only find instructions on the website for connecting the headphones to the app via an iPhone, and it does state that the headphones are not officially supported which may be where the issues lie?

Jabra Sport Pulse 

To record your heart rate using the Jabra Pulse headset (or Bose Pulse headset - not officially supported), please follow these steps:

1. Please make sure that your earphones are fitted correctly. 
  2. Open your phone settings and turn on Bluetooth. Do not pair the HRM to your phone in the iPhone’s general Bluetooth settings. (If your HRM is already paired with your iPhone, please go to the Bluetooth settings and click the “i” next to the device name on the device list -> Click “Forget This Device”).
  3. Open the Endomondo app and go to “Settings” -> Heart Rate ->  Click “Search”. Your HRM device will now show up on the screen. 
  4. Confirm the connection by clicking “OK” Your device should now be listed under “Connected Devices”.
  5. Now go to the tracker screen and click on one of the data output fields and select "Heart Rate". During the workout, your heart rate and your current heart rate zone (R, Z1, Z2, Z3, Z4, Z5) will be displayed in the selected field. (You can set up your HR zones here)
  6. Track your workout.

I presume that the setup of the headphones would be the same process for Android, but you would need to speak to Endomondo for further information. 

I hope this helps? 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Hello Vicky:

Yes, this is the same procedure that I used to connect my Headphones to Endomondo and, before the firmware update to 3.0.3. worked ok.

Just to make it clear, this is what I get on Bose Connect:

Screenshot_20190729-113740_Bose Connect.jpg

And this, what I get on Endomondo:

Screenshot_20190729-113920_Endomondo.jpg

Every time I make a new scan, a new entry for my Headphones is done at Endomondo, but can't connect to none of them.  As said before, this occurs with the new headphones firmware (3.0.3) and with the same Endomondo and Android version.

Regards.

Highlighted

Hello guele02, 

Thanks for confirming this! 

As you have also exhausted all available steps, please contact your local Customer Service Center to move forward with this matter. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please accept my apologies that we could not help further. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

I have exactly the same issue since upgrading to firmware 3.0.3

I cannot connect with my Sports Watch (Suunto 9 Baro) anymore with the Bose "HR-Bose SoundSport Pulse" device anymore. The connection attempt is rejected immediately!

With an older firmware (2.9) this was working fine!

So I assume Bose disabled this possibility (BT-smart anonymous connect), maybe due to "security reasons" ? 

Heartrate monitor is working in Adidas Running App!!!, but I need it for my Suunto Watch which I use for running.

The easiest solution woud be a firmware downgrade (to version 2.9)

Unfortunately it is not possible to downgrade the firmware because Bose disabled this functionality in the Bose Updater app, too 😞

To me these changes are not user friendly at all!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

Guys it's the firmware, I have the same problem with my bose HR soundsport, I train almost daily and one day, just the day after I upgraded the firmware the Hr stopped working on Endomondo, but not just that app, also under Armour, workout trainer, etc.

I've tried it all, and by all I mean everything discussed here, I went to a bose store but they just told me there ir no way to downgrade it, and I might try to buy some new ones... WT...?!?!

WE NEED A DOWNGRADE, these headphones are great, like really great, so please make that downgrade possible, everything was just smooth after the "new" one. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Mine were under warranty.  Bose send me a new pair that came with 3.0.3.  Same behavior... same errors.

I found a workaround:

- Open the Bose app

- Connect the Soundsport

- Let it register your hear rate

- Open Endomondo

- Scan again for the Sound Sport on Smart Bluetooth Sensors

- While scanning, try to connect the Sound Sport - HR on your phone's BT Configuration Option (Do it a couple of times)

- The Sound Sport HR is now showed in Endomondo

- The Ugly:  After several days, you have a huge list of devices on Endomondo, one of them for each connection.

Too many steps to tray to solve something broken by Bose and its firmware update.

Starting tomorrow, I will use again my old Polar H10, It works very well since day one and until now

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

Guele 02 don't do that man, I sent you a message. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

There IS A WAY to downgrade them, just send me a PM or Google it. It's the onlh way to fix them and keep using them with the HR working as usual. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

can someone please send me firmware downgrade process?

after upgrade to 3.0.3 version i cant pair headphones with garmin. I spend a lots of time to find solution im very disappointing this is probably my last firmware upgrade what i did!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2017

same for me...no heart rate detected in Under Armour apps.  Was working great for the longest.