srm9368
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

Bose® SoundSport™ Sweat & Weather-Resistant Wireless USB Lead

I have new headphones but lost the charger lead.  USB-C is too big, Micro USB is not compatible.

Can anyone tell me what cable I need please?

Delivery from Bose is 2-3 weeks due to COVID & same cost as the cable!

Thanks,

Bose product name: SoundSport Sweat & Weather-Resistant Wireless 

Country.  UK

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

4 REPLIES 4
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bose® SoundSport™ Sweat & Weather-Resistant Wireless USB Lead

It is just a standard micro-USB, the same that Samsung/Sony etc have used for a number of years.  Until the most recent Bose headsets (NC700 or newer I think) this was used and the newer headsets now use USB-C.

I haven't come across this issue with Bose, however I do know that some brands (like Sony in my experience) used to have trouble with some cheap micro-USB cables.  Sometimes they would charge but not transmit data (Ie no updates over usb), sometimes it would be the other way around.  It could be that that's the issue and I suggest trying other micro-USB cables.

Vicky_W

Hey srm9368, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

@Morlock is correct, your headphones use a USB cable - Male type A to male micro B. The max output voltage a charger should have is 5 Volts 1 Amp (any higher could potentially damage product). We recommend you only use this product only with an agency approved power supply which meets local regulatory requirements (e.g., UL, CSA, VDE, CCC).

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
srm9368
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

609D5B37-504B-4779-98D7-271104B6715B.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback, I’ve tried the micro USB but it’s not the same shape. See attached photo. Looks like a smaller USB C .

Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

You're looking at the top of the earpiece.  The port is on the bottom, there's a little rubber door to open.