Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2016

Bose SoundSport Wireless not charging

I bought these earbuds couple of days ago and first time it charged to 100% then when it went down to 30% I charged it overnight and the light turned green but when I turn it on it says it has only 30% charge.

I have firmware 2.7.7

87 REPLIES 87
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose SoundSport Wireless not charging

Hi Sansri,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would suggest first trying to reboot your headphones.

• Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  • Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  • Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Please come back and let us know if that helped.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2018

My issue is that it does not charge to 100%, drains very fast.  Just plugged in and charged to 100% in 5 seconds, turned off and on and then it was at 20%.  These are about 1 year old.  

For example, charged all night and it was 60%.  Within 1 hour it was on low battery warning.  

Is there a solution?

Highlighted

Hello Khidie,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the charging of your SoundSport Wireless headphones.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by Tony in the comment above? A product reset can be an effective way of resolving this issue.

I would also recommend visiting btu.bose.com and downloading any available updates for your headphones.

If you need any further assistance after trying these steps, please contact your local support team and they will be happy to help. You can find their contact information at this link by selecting your region and then 'Contact Us'

Hope this helps

Keith - Community Support - 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2018

Thank you for the response.  Regarding Tony's feedback, is there a way that I will know that it has reset?

Thank you.

Highlighted

Not a problem Khidie, I'm happy to help.

The headphones themselves won't give you an indication themselves on when the reset is complete. The process is similar to a power cycle/reboot of a phone or computer and can fix some issues in much the same way a reboot of those devices would.

All the best.

Keith - Community Support - 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2019

Im having a similar problem.
Got my BT sound sport last aug 2018.
Now it seems like i cant charge it.
Every time i plug it via USB its a steady red light
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Hi Danielle,

Have you tried Tony's reboot steps given above? If not give it ago and let us know if it made any difference.

Highlighted

Hi Danielle, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

I would highly recommend what Grmedhat has suggested. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2019

I've had my soundsport for 2 years now and until a week ago it was charging and working just fine. I tried the reboot steps and it didn't work at all. What do I do?